Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Reggae Forum... What's goin on???

Options
  • 29-08-2006 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

The reggae fans are too busy smoking dope and cultivating their dreadlocks????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

yeah, the lack of reggae threads warrants a reggae forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i begs the mod position! it's my dream to be a moderator on a forum

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

thing is, most boards heads have pretty unspecific tastes, and any REAL reggae head is going to be on a reggae forum elsewhere anyway...

it's exactly the same with all the other types of specialty music... which is why stuff that is really obscure [reggae, once you get past the inevitable bob marley / ub40 stuff is a HUGE field] rarely gets big discussions going...

the point is, and i often use the metaphor of boards.ie being a mid sized irish town, that in a town of 75.000 people you're probably going to be on nodding acquaintance with all the other real reggae fans, because they'll be smoking dope in your ma's garage with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

Yeah i agree, we need a reggae forum. I luv I Jah. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

We have a Reggae forum, it's called the MUSIC forum and you've posted in it just there.

No point in opening a new seperate forum that 3 people will use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

you're so mean sico....

ah well, sure reggae fans are always being oppressed so i don't see why on earth we should make an exception to that rule just because it's boards.ie....

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i begs the mod position! it's my dream to be a moderator on a forum

aiming low there aren't we? :D

Advertisement