Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If You Could Excuse Me For A Second...

• 29-08-2006 3:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

STOP DRIVING IN THE ****ING EAZY PASS LANE ON THE M50 IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN "EAZY PASS".

This is really doing my head lately. On Saturday alone 3 cars thought they were the clever people and decided to drive up the Eazy Pass lane and then expected the people who were in the right lane to let them in. One muppet started hurling abuse at me because I beeped my horn at him! Maybe I was wrong?! All he did was effecitvely park his car in the lane while he tried to get into the proper lane.

There's no excuse for this. It's sign posted it's an Eazy Pass lane. I got the Eazy Pass because it's less hassle and is supposed to speed up the time going through the toll. Not so with so many muppets on the road.

As a side, I'd love to "bate" the funker that put that toll on M50! I hate that bastard with a passion :mad:

*Phew* Sorry people, rant over. Ah the relief.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

How were you wrong? I'd have given him more abuse. That's what's wrong with the roads - people's attitude. Queue jumpers. The only reason people drive so aggerssively is because the attitude of most other drivers stinks. Whenever I am driving outside Dublin for a wekend and come back you can notice the obvious shift in driver behaviour once you get back in to Dublin. I'm new to these boards so I'm sure this has been done to death, but one of the things that aggravates me most is queue jumpers. I'm obsessed with them and there are so many out there so it doesn't make for a pleasant journey for me or whoever is unfortunate enough to have to listen to be rant and rave and point the finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Sorry Jabber I was being sarcastic on the "was I wrong" bit :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Ay Cee wrote:
    STOP DRIVING IN THE ****ING EAZY PASS LANE ON THE M50 IF YOU DON'T HAVE AN "EAZY PASS".

Hear hear.

I hate queue jumpers. I now refuse to let them in to the queue they should have joined in the first place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Mr. Larson

I'm sure I'll be villified for this but what I do is offer them a little tempter of a gap - watch them like a hawk and then step on it and close the gap as soon as they look to take it. If they try to sneak to the newly vacated space behind i'll slow down and just stick parallel to them. They usually cop on what I'm up to and move up 20 yards where some nonce will let them in.

Message to everyone out there... they only do it because you let them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

I'm with the OP on this. I have to use the bloody thing on my home every evening and go for the lane next to the EazyPass so get to observe all the f**kers going down the EazyPass lane and cutting in to (and most times across) the lane I'm in, therefore holding me up!

This gives me somewhat of a dilemma though. I'm caught between 2 minds - do I block the muppet trying to cut in and que jump? (easy to do in a big jeep) This gives me great satisfaction but then holds up all the people who do actually have an Eazypass.

After months of watching this go on I've decided to go for the EazyPass so anyone else reading - please let these muppets in from now on so I don't get delayed going down the EazyPass lane ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

There's no excuse for this. It's sign posted it's an Eazy Pass lane.

Um... actually there is an excuse.

And let me point out at this stage that I drive a motorbike so I have no need to use the Eazy pass lane in order to beat the traffic - and by extension no hidden agenda.

This is something I only noticed about 2 weeks ago as i was crossing the M50 heading north.... While the extreme right hand lane IS signposted as an easy pass lane, it also has a solid white line between it and the next lane - meaning in theory you aren't supposed to cross it. In addition, the words STAY IN LANE are painted several times down this lane on the approach to the toll booth.

So if you were travelling in the right hand lane and, upon realising it becomes an easy pass dedicated lane, were unable to perform a safe maneuver into the next lane - what choice do you have being a honest, law abiding citizen.

I'm not saying people using this "loophole" aren't cheeky beggars who could probably do with being given a piece of your mind.... I'm just pointing out the terrific forward planning that this country and the Department of the Environment in particular are famous for.

Where else in the world would you see a sign telling you that a lane is dedicated to certain traffic and then telling you to stay in that lane regardless.

Buy a bike - laugh at the nice people in their mechanical snails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,457 ✭✭✭BrianD3

They do it because someone will always let them in. Timid drivers let themselves be bullied by these queue jumpers. The toll bridge in rush hour is no place for the timid! Also some drivers always think the best of others eg they see someone zooming up the easy pass lane and think "ah sure maybe he made a mistake I'll let him in". Sometimes drivers do find themselves in the wrong lane through a genuine msitake but in rush hour traffic in Dublin most of the drivers in the wrong lane are there on purpose. For instance when i was working in Dublin, every single morning I would see the same twats zooming up the bus lane on the N4 inbound and forcing their way in before the M50 roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,016 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

BrianD3 wrote:
    They do it because someone will always let them in. Timid drivers let themselves be bullied by these queue jumpers

Is there not a bit of a contradiction here? Various posters are rightly complaining of inappropriate vehicles in the Eazy Pass lane but if no one lets them into another lane would that not just exacerbate the problem, i.e. block it up totally? :rolleyes:
    watch them like a hawk and then step on it and close the gap as soon as they look to take it.
    Risky - I saw a chap doing that on the N4 lately and he rear ended the car in front. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

What do you lot think of bikes jumping the queue at the toll booth ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Don't normally post here so excuse the burst of posts,
    probably due to the fact I hope Im getting a new car this week ,

Who the hell is going to do anything to anyone practicing this driving .
    Are the road markings legal ,i.e are they private markings or actual road authority markings???
    Painted lines in a car park are not common law.
    I hate people doing this and I'm sure it would have me fuming more if I had to use the lane. It will never be policed and what type of letter is somebody going to get in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

stipey wrote:

And let me point out at this stage that I drive a motorbike so I have no need to use the Eazy pass lane in order to beat the traffic - and by extension no hidden agenda.

This is something I only noticed about 2 weeks ago as i was crossing the M50 heading north.... While the extreme right hand lane IS signposted as an easy pass lane, it also has a solid white line between it and the next lane - meaning in theory you aren't supposed to cross it. In addition, the words STAY IN LANE are painted several times down this lane on the approach to the toll booth.

So if you were travelling in the right hand lane and, upon realising it becomes an easy pass dedicated lane, were unable to perform a safe maneuver into the next lane - what choice do you have being a honest, law abiding citizen.

I'm not saying people using this "loophole" aren't cheeky beggars who could probably do with being given a piece of your mind.... I'm just pointing out the terrific forward planning that this country and the Department of the Environment in particular are famous for.

Where else in the world would you see a sign telling you that a lane is dedicated to certain traffic and then telling you to stay in that lane regardless.

I thought that the Eazy Pass lane broke off from the overtaking lane Northbound, so people are well aware they're entering an Eazy Pass only lane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

stipey wrote:

No there isn't.
    stipey wrote:

The right hand lane does not turn into the eazypass lane. You actually have to make a lane change to the right in order to get into the eazypass lane now.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

KTRIC wrote:
    I have been wondering about that. Do they jump the queue? I have never seen a rider at the booths.

I would not hve a problem with it.

MrP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

KTRIC wrote:
    No problem with that. I consider it one of the advantages of being a motorcyclist. I don't drive a bike myself, btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Easy solution:

place bollards along eazypass lane to stop people moving in or out of it. If someone attempts to use easypass lane without an easypass, €50 fine. People will quicky then learn which lane to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

gabhain7 wrote:
    Easy solution:

place bollards along eazypass lane to stop people moving in or out of it. If someone attempts to use easypass lane without an easypass, €50 fine. People will quicky then learn which lane to use.

The busturds have already done that on the north bound lane from the lucan road. Makes me sooo mad to be paying for an eazypass and I can't get into the express lane any more.

I can't believe their logic that the other lanes move faster without traffic cutting across! Personally I think it stems from the belief of NTR that it is not the toll booths that casue a back log but lane changes !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I've no problem with bikes queue jumping. As mentioned I'd consider it an advantage of having a bike.

Regarding people not letting them out of the Eazy Pass lane. I don't think they should. Yes I'm being delayed behind the ****er in the wrong but why should they let them back in?! They stuck in lane where they're supposed to be and I certainly wouldn't let them in.

The Eazy Pass lane is however many hundreds of metres long with flashing lights saying Eazy Pass Users Only. If you didn't see the sign approaching the lane and you can't see the flashing lights, do you really think that people are leaving a whole lane free for the sake of it?! The chances of driving in the lane accidentally are fairly slim.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

stipey wrote:

While I agree with some of your points on this tho many of the people using the m50 know the rules and still are chancers!!
    My bro has an easypass and was going to work one day when he got to the top of the EP lane there was a garda car parked there!! He moved into the next lane and back into the EP lane and the gards done him for it!!!
    If the can do that to him when they blocked the lane for no reason why can't they do something about the chancers (And yes everyone knows they are chancers)!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭clint_silver

agreed with the bollards the whole way up but the problem lies with fining those without it. Theres no mechanism in place for fines on the toll either through the eazy pass lanes or any of the other lanes, although theres rumours in place for years that this is coming.:rolleyes:

heres another solution, depending on time of day, double/treble the toll for those wanting to use the eazy pass lane without eazy pass. And once the double toll is paid, the next driver through goes free to compensate for time delay. Wahey, just solved the eazy pass lane problem. Now, whats wrong in the middle east? I think Ive time before I tuck into my sandwich. :p

Advertisement