Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft: "exclusive pes6 for a year... yay!!1one" Konami: "stfu"

Options
  • 29-08-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/728/728561p1.html

August 26, 2006 - It seems like there's a little confusion floating around the world concerning at least one of the announcements that Microsoft made at the German Games Convention this week.

In its Leipzig press conference, Microsoft specifically announced that the next iterations of Pro Evolution Soccer and FIFA would only be available on the Xbox 360 for the next 12 months. Given that its press conference was held on August 23, 2006, you would assume that means that the system would have Pro Evolution and FIFA exclusively through August 23, 2007.

However, shortly after that conference, Konami denied that there was a 12-month exclusivity deal in place for the Pro Evolution (Winning Eleven) series.

The PS3 will get Winning Eleven before next August after all.
    We interviewed Pro Evolution Soccer producer Shingo "Seabass" Takatsuka today and he told us that the next-gen version of Pro Evolution Soccer 6 would be exclusive to the Xbox 360 through the end of the year, but not for 12 months. He also confirmed that a PlayStation 3 version of the game was already being worked on, and would most likely be released in spring or summer of next year, although no specific release date has been confirmed as of yet.

Seabass also made it clear that the current-gen versions -- PC, PS2, DS, PSP -- will all still be coming out at the same time as the Xbox 360 version.

Konami Japan went so far as to release this statement (translated) to explain the situation:

"There are some articles (or some statements which could lead to the misunderstanding) at some websites and other sources stating that Konami's soccer game Pro Evolution Soccer 6 will be released as an exclusive Xbox 360 title. However, this is not true. Pro Evolution Soccer 6 is being developed for multiple platforms so that many consumers will be able to enjoy it."

According to what we've heard from EA representatives at the show, the FIFA deal seems to be similar, and there could be a much shorter window of exclusivity than what Microsoft originally announced.

microsoft are cheeky buggers, did the same thing with the GTA announcement :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

No suprise really, just another ploy to catch those potential buyer's out there who are undecided between PS3 or 360. I've heard Fifa 07 will be 360 exclusive tho, but doesnt mean no next gen EA footie on PS3 till next October, just no Fifa 07!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

lol, XBOX 360 can keep FIFA exclusive if it is anything like previous installments

Mossy Monk wrote:
    lol, XBOX 360 can keep FIFA exclusive if it is anything like previous installments

Couldn't agree more, however EA are claiming they are releasing a brand new next gen game engine that they have been developing for 2 years. They claim its the most realistic football experience ever created, each of the 22 players on the pitch can think for themselves etc etc...

I'll reserve my judgement until I play the demo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

So basically Xbox360 has exclusive next gen version of PES until the next gen version of PES is ready to be released on the PS3? Um....duh?
    however EA are claiming they are releasing a brand new next gen game engine that they have been developing for 2 years. They claim its the most realistic football experience ever created, each of the 22 players on the pitch can think for themselves etc etc...
    Didn't EA buy the PES engine a year or two back? I thought I heard that somewhere...

So basically Xbox360 has exclusive next gen version of PES until the next gen version of PES is ready to be released on the PS3? Um....duh?

Didn't EA buy the PES engine a year or two back? I thought I heard that somewhere...

Not sure about EA buying the PES game engine, but I remember reading somewhere that EA basically addmitted that they were going to copy the PES control system, hoping it would make thier gameplay more appealing.

The result was Fifa 06, which sucks, proving once again you can't allow americans to design football games, and I mean real football, since the only people who play the game over there haven't even reached puberty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i heard they did buy it from Konami too

isnt FIFA made in Canada?

Yeah, sorry, its is. same difference tho.

Advertisement