Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recommend a sound system for my Civic?

• 29-08-2006 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of getting a decent sound system set up for my Civic. I dont want to break the bank on it, and am not overly fussy about quality, but I do want something with a little oooomf!

I'd be playing from my MP3 player so Aux In is a necessity. I dont need it to play CD's even.

For a budget of around €200-€250, what dyou think I should go for?

Also, if you think I should spend a bit more for much better stuff then please say so.

Thanks v.much

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jackrabbit

look no further there is a new site god have you not heard the first irish ran motor store online. i puchased a dvd incar unit four week ago paided very little for it. i waited two weeks for it to arrive but it blow me away it was amazing. going to buy thet alloys this week they do ats light alloy wheels. if you get them this week there is even $50 off.

have to go need to go a shopping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

a link or even a name would be handy :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

jackrabbit, I dont suppose ye fancy putting up a link to this wonderful site??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jackrabbit

stop spamming the forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Mmm. Prices are ok. Similar to Argos.

If you're on a shoestring budget go the ebay way. Stick with Pioneer (speakers and headunit) and you won't be disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

go grazy go

look no further there is a new site god have you not heard the first irish ran motor store online. i puchased a dvd incar unit four week ago paided very little for it. i waited two weeks for it to arrive but it blow me away it was amazing. going to buy thet alloys this week they do ats light alloy wheels. if you get them this week there is even $50 off.

have to go need to go a shopping
    Hey rabbithead, the question was asked in English, lets keep the answer in english too. :rolleyes:

To the OP, get a motorised dvd in dash unit for E300 0ff ebay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Just had a quick look at onevisionhi-tech site. They seem to be selling US spec CD headunits. eg the Pioneer 2800MP pictured is a US model, not the EU model.

This means the radio won't work right (FM freq steps are different) and there is no RDS support (radio station name etc).

Also if these are being shipped from outside the EU, the courier will send you a VAT bill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

...blatant self-promotion from jackrabbit if ever I've seen it!

anyway, if you can stretch to 160 for a headunit, I'd recommend this from Pioneer - http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/189248/art/pioneer/deh-p4800mp-car-radio-cd.html#fichetechnique

A budget-priced sub and extra amp to run it would be nice, if you can afford to spend slightly more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

ah, just re-read your question and noticed you don't need it to play CDs... hopefully you can find a cheap headunit with AUX in and put the money you saved into a decent amp and sub-woofer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I'd recommend that Pioneer anyway. It has an IP-bus port allowing you to connect all manner of pioneer accessories like bluetooth kits, cd changers, and ipod adaptors. I have a P6800MP with the CD-IB100 ipod adaptor (just installed it on Tuesday) and it is bloody brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

@jackrabbit - if it looks like you are pimping again, then you'll be banned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jackrabbit and missredhonda are the same person they er he/she works for the site in question.

Mike.

Advertisement