Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo C70 Coupé - whistle from passenger side window.

Options
  • 29-08-2006 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Volvo C70 (2002) - it's the first Coupé I've ever owned/driven. It's got a frameless (top) door like most coupés.

When driving at high speeds (90km/h+) there is a bit of a whistle, not much, which seems to come from the wing mirrors. I can live with it, it's not too bad, however when the passenger side window is lowered and then hired again there is a woeful whistling sound. It's strange because it only gets really bad when the window is moved in transit. Seems not to seal itself fully when put back up in transit.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour in a coupé?
    Any suggestions as to how I might tackle it?
    The car has a warranty from the garage - should they sort this out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Are there any tears or nicks in the seal. Have you tried cleaning the seal in case the problem is being caused by dirt. You could also try cleaning the window too. It could also be that the window is not 100% secure in the lifting mechanism and is being forced to one side by the wind as it ascends.

Have you tried pressing your finger against the window and/or seal to see if you can locate the exact spot where the whistling occurs?

In any event the warranty should cover it.

Advertisement