Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash Decompilers

Options
  • 29-08-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭

I have a client that is looking for some minor changes to be made to a Flash animation, but the company that made it for them originally doesn't exist anymore so all I have to work with are the .swf files.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent decompiler for me.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

I've run into this problem quite a few times and have found sothink's decompiler to be pretty good.

http://www.sothink.com/product/flashdecompiler/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I haven't been able to find any that actually work. The only one off hand I know of is 'Gordon'. Class name eh? Shame it doesn't work!

edit - I've found nothing for Mac at least - that SoThink is PC.

hey that Sothink proggy is good! The first decompiler that has actually worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. Sothink seems to do the job.

Hmmm... the text all seems to be rendered though... I was hoping it would be easier to change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

I Found Flash Gordon fine on MAC - what version were you using? havent tried the latest one yet

BTW: i was using v1.5 on MX flash files with pretty much 100 % success

Advertisement