Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Film Foundation course in Galway Film Centre?

• 29-08-2006 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has ever done the Film Foundation Course in the Galway Film Centre? Any feedback? Good? Bad? Don't do it?

I've been interested in doing the course (or a similar one, if anyone has any recommendations) for awhile and it's coming back in September so I'm keen to get the viewpoint of someone who's done it before - don't want to splash out and then find out it's a half-assed course.

Any help appreciated. Thanks,

Jay

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I taught editing in one of the Galway Film Foundation Courses last year. From what I could tell it seemed like a fairly decent course. The editing part was really only a brief overview of Final Cut Pro and making sure the class understood how the film would cut together so they had in mind while they were shooting what they should look out for as regards continuity etc. Then I cut the film with them over a weekend after their shoot.

As with all things it seemed to me that you get out as much as you put in. It was a small group that I was teaching but there were some of them that I never saw over the three days I was in. Whereas there were a few that threw themselves into it and it really gave them the confidence to start really getting into film and learning more.

Really the course is what it says - a foundation course - you're not going to come out of it an expert on making films but it will give you an idea of what's involved and a solid base to start learning off of.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Advertisement