Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loan

Options
  • 29-08-2006 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of getting a student loan (preferbly with BOI)?

Is it advised ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Anybody ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

I have never had the need but its not advised. Struggle by. Cut out the boooze and hot chicks and work hard so you dont need loans when you finish college. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

What figure are we talking about here? I dont think you would have a prob getting a loan as long as you have someone to go guarantor. Research has shown that students are more likely to pay back loaned money (I dont have a link but it is some where on AIB website I think). Banks are usually cool about student loans. A friend of mine has a 7k loan with BOI and asked for delayed repayments i.e he would start to pay back when he got a job. However he had a part time job to start with and needed no guarantor. I have a 2k loan my elf taken out in the last few months which I used to consolidate debt. I have more than enough money to pay it off at the moment due to SSIA but I would rather build up a credit rating. It might be more useful to me in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Aedh Baclamh

Figure? I suppose around 3k, but I will need to work it out beforehand just to be sure. But that's about right.

I've no part-time job, won't be able to work until next summer when I finish college, so how should I repay it if I go ahead with it?

Will I need a guarantor for definite?

Advertisement