Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hill training !!!

Options
  • 29-08-2006 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey Guys,

I live in the Ballsbridge area and usually do my running in Herbert Park. Problem is I'm not in a club in Dublin but would soon like to progress onto doing some hills training. With the evenings getting shorter does anyone know any grass hills (well lit up) that may suit? I drive so location is ok as long as its south of the city to save me going through town...

It would be even better to be able to join up with a group that does hills on a particular night but failing that I dont mind training solo...

Thanks,
    Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Do you know this website?

http://www.imra.ie/

Perhaps they can answer you better there. Hope it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Redfraggle

Hi Inigo,

Thats a little too serious for me... I'm only looking for some hills training to help improve my strength and stamina for flat races later in the Autumn, Winter...

red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭thirtyfoot

There is a place in Phoenix Park, on the Chapelizod Road. There is a floodlit footpath and you can run on the grass beside it. Not sure of the gradient and its less than 150m but can be lengthened if you use the flat back to the gate. Its near the Donore Harriers club.

Advertisement