Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what happened to the thread...

Options
  • 29-08-2006 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭

what happened to the 'post something about the poster before you' thread?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Has there been a mass cull of long threads? The bible thumping creationism thread has vanished too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Long threads have been switched off for the moment in the ongoing search for what slows the site down.

Cuckoo's Nest has probably experienced the most casualties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think the admins are doing further testing to see whether long threads are the cause of the speed issues. I don't think they have been removed entirely or not yet. I'm sure someone will clarify, I'm just one of the organ grinders.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I wonder why...

Ruu wrote:
    I'm sure someone will clarify, I'm just one of the organ grinders.
    No.. the admins are the organ grinders... we're the monkeys!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

All posts with 2000 posts or more are temporarily moderated until the admins sort out the current 'slowness' issues. Give them a break, it shouldn't take too long. :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I miss the crationism thread adn teh post after thread, may they return to us all soon. :)
    I don't see how this threads have much of an affect, thinking about it?
    Hmm, maybe I overlooked something.

sjones wrote:
    All posts with 2000 posts or more are temporarily moderated until the admins sort out the current 'slowness' issues. Give them a break, it shouldn't take too long. :)

Fair enough, someone should probably delete my thread over on the helpdesk as I asked the same question. Thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

No worries. :)

You could create a thread with the same title as the ones that are affected by this and just get the mods to merge the threads when it's sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

but who was the last poster?

• Advertisement

Marts wrote:
    but who was the last poster?

Me I guess...
    Anyway I added a link to this thread to divert traffic here - there's been no replies to my thread so its probably worthy for the bin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

No.. the admins are the organ grinders... we're the monkeys!

I prefer "one of your organ banks from sector 7-g". :)

Ha... I can see us in a years time still saying 'Give them a break, they'll find out what the problem is soon' as we chisel out our posts in stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Best thing is once a thread reaches 1000 posts the thread is split into two parts.

ooh volumes!

Jaysus, the Trinity forum got a mad culling! But if those threads are the problem, then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement