Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Name For A Finisher?

• 29-08-2006 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Was bored off my game at work today and thought "whats been the best name for a finishing move?" I know there's the obvious ones like Rock Bottom or maybe the Razors Edge,but one of my favourites was the one Teddy Hart used in CZW....Open Hart Surgery :D Might be a pointless thread I know,but thats my imagination for ya! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I.R.S had the "Write-off". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've always liked Jimmy Jacobs' Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-SELECT START!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's quite clearly Perry Saturn's Moss Covered Three Handled Family Credenza. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

million dollar dream ftw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

In ECW Dick Hertz had the Penial implant :D Quality entertainment...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

It's quite clearly Perry Saturn's Moss Covered Three Handled Family Credenza. :)

^the winner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

The Bionic Elbow

The Doo***ay Device (I have no idea why this was censored. Can anyone shed some light?)

The Hart Attack

Sweet Chin Music

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

jesus i always thought they said sweet chain music. how could someone like anything to do with cena. i was so happy when he went to ecw for one night and they threw back his t-shirt at him and when he was wrestling they were shouting 'same old ****'

anyway, i likeed the people's elbow. even though i thought it was a stupid move, i just liked the way rock did it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Cattle Mutilation a.k.a Arms Across America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

razers edge
    > razer ramone

oooohh and

end of the trail ----> tatonka

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 GMoneyV1

The barbers chair - Brutus Beefcake.
    The Bitch Clamp - Jazz
    Cattle Mutilation - American Dragon" Bryan Danielson
    The Border Toss - Hernandez from L.A.X
    Fuhgetaboutit - Johnny Stamboli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Come on guys!!

It has to be The Stone Cold Stunner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Fozzy wrote:
    I've always liked Jimmy Jacobs' Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-SELECT START!

That's a class name, lol

I thought Burchill's Walk The Plank was good with his pirate gimmick. Can't leave out Helm's Nightmare on Helms Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

can't remember the wrestler but in iww one fella did a version of the vertaebreaker but called it the "bambi death shot"

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

The Diamond Cutter- Sounds vicious

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭antifyre

I always liked the the DDT....especially because we were young, and then you found out what DDT really was....... doubly cool!

nutcracker suite oul balls mahoney ....wait for the punch combo.....balls, balls, balls, balls ohhhhhhhhh BALLS
    rude awakening from rick
    novacaine from simon dead aka nova [original downward spiral]
    or the best there is "the anaconda vice" from CM PUNK
    & speaking of ddt s who can ever forget the best ddt inspired [i think] by a pearl jam song EVENFLOW ddt from raven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

antifyre wrote:
    I always liked the the DDT....especially because we were young, and then you found out what DDT really was....... doubly cool!

No one could do the DDT like Jake the Snake, quick and brutal! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Ruu wrote:
    No one could do the DDT like Jake the Snake, quick and brutal! :)

definitely, no-one hits the DDT like Jake

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

the muscle buster!! just sounds sore!! and with joe doin it to ya.... yeah its gonna hurt!!

"Joe's gonna kill you!!" - haha quality

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hairline88

This is a good thread
    I'm a long time reader & first time poster so please be gentle.
    Anyway the best name for a finisher in history has to be the Crippler Crossface. It just sounds painful & describes the move perfectly.
    I'm a huge fan of the Irish wrestling scene after seeing the first NLW show & since then getting hooked on Nwa Ireland & CPW. anyone have any opinions on the best names of finishers there?
    I like Paddy Morrow's Suicide Bomber(swanton bomb)
    I like Neil Frenzy's curb stomp too
    Napalm hamilton's Black hawk down is also a cool name.
    Sean South's Straight South is pretty cool too.
    & Justin Bred call's his Piledriver the Mega Driver 2 dosen't he?
    All cool names, dear god I love Irish Wrestling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Golddusts "Shatterd Dreams" was a good name but the "Moss Covered Three Handled Family Credenza" takes it for orignality.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Some good mention, ones i didnt see (or just missed!)

Spanky's Sliced Bread Number 2
    Cabana's colt 45
    Spike Dudleys Acid Drop
    Doug Williams Chaos Theory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

definitely, no-one hits the DDT like Jake
    Certainly no one did it like him before he came along...

Cus he invented it.

Other good ones would be the Last Ride (fitted in brilliantly with his deadman-turned-biker persona) the 3D, and the Twist of Fate.

Oh, and the Clothesline from Hell, but that may be just because I loved hearing the announcers going 'Oh my God! A Clothesline straight from Hell!' or something similar. In fact, another great one when combined with good announcing would have to be 'Gore! Gore! Gore!'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Brow wrote:

Spanky's Sliced Bread Number 2

Cos its the best thing since sliced bread!

Honourable mention to CM Punks "Welcome to Chicago, Mother****ers" that he used in ROH. Is he alllowed use it in WWECW? Noooooooooo.

"Gonorrhea" by Jimmy Rave too. Personally, Id hate to be hit by a move called Gonorrhea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Hairline88

Double C wrote:
    "Gonorrhea" by Jimmy Rave too. Personally, Id hate to be hit by a move called Gonorrhea!
    wasnt it called ghanaria to go with his gimmick with prince nana(the suposed prince of ghana)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

twist of fate
    unprettier (dunno why but i always liked this)
    dudley death drop
    doomsday device
    sharpshooter
    greetings from asbury park
    conchairto (not a finisher but clever all the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Double C wrote:
    Honourable mention to CM Punks "Welcome to Chicago, Mother****ers" that he used in ROH. Is he alllowed use it in WWECW? Noooooooooo.

I'm nearly sure he used that in the new ECW on Doring or one of his early squash matches.

thinking back on names what about "event omega" hardy boyz original finisher was leg drop/frog splash from opposite corners. evenflow ddt by raven was a good pearl jam reference. mikey whipwreck with the "whippersnapper" [original stunner] or my fav [as plain as it is] roaring elbow [tanaka]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

The Jackhammer.

Advertisement