Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT Frames?

Options
  • 29-08-2006 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I heard that weight is not a particular problem, for example on a flattish 10mile course. I'm in the market for a frame and was considering an alloy frame, good wheels etc.
    Am I scrimping on frame or should I blow a non existant wedge on a Carbon Momocoque?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Tackleberry

Well I suppose weight is always a negative for any bike I reckon, but its less important the flatter and shorter the course. I switched from aluminum to carbon frame at the start of the summer and its awesome, light, rigid and every effort you make goes straight onto the road, far better than the aluminium frame I had, although far more expensive too. Its up to you but I reckon a nice bike is well worth the investment, bikes don't depreciate any worse than cars and they're far far better for you!! I'm a big fan of ebay and reckon you can get unreal deals on bikes. The other day I saw a carbon Pinarello F4:13 full bike with Chorus 10 spd g/set go for €1300, its crazy!!

In fact check this link out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PINARELLO-TEAM-TELEKOM-for-Time-Trial-races_W0QQitemZ120026700545QQihZ002QQcategoryZ98084QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

You get a lot less bang for your buck with carbon than aluminium. The difference between similar frames of different materials can be the same as a nice set of aero wheels (Zipp 909s or 606s) - go for the alu frame and get great wheels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭telecaster_dub

hey tales of topgr

my old man owns a bike shop and he does all the sintesi,paganini,colonago,look frames and also carbon frames etc

he's one of irelands leading wholesalers of bikes,frames,clothing,components

Advertisement