Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husband Hunting at UCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

irlrobins wrote:
    Tsk, fecking Smods taking the limelight.

You're headlining the mature section.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I'm afraid rugby playing medicine students and doctors are almost a thing of the past. Strange fetist btw. I think Peter Stringer is a doctor and Felipe Contempi is in RCSI

If Peter Stringer is a doctor then Im the queen of England. Contepomi is in his final year of med in rcsi. You would be suprised how many girls are like our op here. The amount of dolled up birds who go to the afters of the hospital cup matches is unbelievable.
    If you really want to meet a rugby playing med then go to the hospitals cup final in Old belvedere in the last Friday before Christams. If you cant meet one there then you never will.

I would offer up my brother but he's smelly and already has a queue of about a million girls lining up ,which is quite disgusting really. They are quite Shamless in how they throw themselves at him and he has no time for them. He'd only go for a girl whose good craic and able to hold a decent conversation.
    Good luck in your endeavours op.I did the rugby playing medic in first year and its all a bit boring really. Way better fun to go for someone who your parents would really disagree with like a computer science star wars buff from leitrem or a tree hugging hippy with no career prospects what so ever.

Peter Stringer I do believe studied commerce in UCC, never finished it though - think he quit in his second year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Contemponi is engaged, lucky bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

You're headlining the mature section.....

Eherm... I do believe I am the Grand Old Man of UCD Boards...

By the way, I have a stethoscope... and I'm kind of a doc and played hooker for Guinnesses for five years... am I in the running?

• Advertisement

Oh see now hun you're too good to be sectioned off - you get a section all to yourself.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

You're "reading" law??

This is UCD, not Trinners!

Good luck with the husband hunting. If you find someone don't let them go.....I find room 300 in Roebuck is a nice quiet place to keep someone locked up for an extended period.....near to the janitor's cabinet for clorophorm.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

Are ye girls serious about these rugby playing meds, i thought it was just a joke!
    They must be the cockiest, poshest, pains in the arse

dovescar wrote:
    Are ye girls serious about these rugby playing meds, i thought it was just a joke!
    They must be the cockiest, poshest, pains in the arse

You haven't spent much time in Dublin have you?

Nope, no time really!
    So it is true???

• Advertisement

Not even so much meds.... you'll soon learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Oh my this thread caught my eye on the main page.
    Ah yes, ye olde signing up for a Beng or BA when you are looking for MRS troll.
    This was the charge that was used to keep women out of colleges and universtires for years that they were only after a MRS and thier degree would be wasted where as the place could have went to a man who would earn thier living with thier degree and feed thier wife and kids....

Aren't people who have for themsevles such set standards about thier lifes as to about who they should marry awfully dull ?

Not even so much meds.... you'll soon learn.
    I really really really really dont like the sound of this,
    Something tells me the ladies prefer a D4 accent to a Kerry accent too:(

Nah, not all about the D4 thing, although i'm from Cork so i can't speak for dubs.

Thaedydal: It's what gives all girls a name, I prefer the good old Ms. Stepherunie B.Sc. rather than Mrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BusyBee33

ok ok - the degree is important too. I just reckoned that it might kill two birds with the one stone!
    How and ever, there is an age limit of about 23 for any hopefuls out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

BusyBee33 wrote:
    How and ever, there is an age limit of about 23 for any hopefuls out there.
    Feck....:(

Hold on, so you scare boys away from me and then go and get all disappointed when you can't have other girls?!?!?!?!?! I'm feeling aggrieved.

And Ms Bee, you may find someone, I just wouldn't get your hopes set on it.

23 is flexible - in the case of irlrobins I can stretch to 28 :)

Is the D4 thing actually real? I have heard about that before - what does it mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

ah, its just a way of saying hello in ucd. So if you want to shout out some props to your homies (and potential hubbies), hit them with one these...'yo d4!'

Your grasp of the local colluquility will go down a hoot. No chance they'll be claiming you're from slurrey, uk boi!

Is colluquility a real word? Maybe you mean colloquiality?
    Being on this thread makes me think that perhaps UCD is not going to be a great idea after all. What are the best things about it?

• Advertisement

Listen they're are plenty of good things about UCD, we've good socs, there's a good atmosphere, if you're living on res it's a great place to make lots of friends. UCD isn't perfect but it's got a lot going for it

I think they whole heading of this thread may have caused people to go the other direction so take no heed.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Karl Spain wants a woman?!

Hulla could that be a blatently off topic and spammy post?? ;)

I thought he got a woman anyways!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

/spam

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

ah dont start doubting your decesion cos of one thread. UCD is generally a pretty decent place, people will moan a lot about it but they are still there which speaks for itself.

A lot of them seem to be there many years later - are there some courses that take you into middle age or are you all repeating years? :)

Eh... no. irlrobins is doing a PhD as are a few others here, Red Alert and Cruiser Weight are two that spring to mind, some are doing masters etc and some are mature students - we have a good mix here.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hulla could that be a blatently off topic and spammy post??
    That's a subjective question. Report the post, and a mod will get back to you asap. :)

I'm sure they would Hulla, but in the interests of my sanity and/or privileges on this board I feel I shan't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

some of us are just older than we should be for the stage we at :(

Advertisement