Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Husband Hunting at UCD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 BusyBee33

I know this is completely off the point, but what is transition year?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭dovescar

BusyBee33 wrote:
    I know this is completely off the point, but what is transition year?

Hiya Bee, well you wouldnt be expected to know that since you might not be familiar with our system,
    but it's an optional year in secondary school where u can do different courses and things like that, you do it when you're about 16

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

Transition year was probably one of the best years of my life. Best decesion i ever made.
    Not every school does it tho i think.

I did transition year too, and although it had its good moments, it just was'nt for me and i regreted it. Although i do feel like that extra year matured me better for college

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

BusyBee33 wrote:
    A lot of them seem to be there many years later - are there some courses that take you into middle age or are you all repeating years? :)

Hehehe. Hehehe. Spot on. PSS.

Why is this not in TCN already?

• Advertisement

What is TCN?

The Cuckoos Nest. In Sys.

Home of this kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I've got a woman, way over town, that digs on me.

Deep. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I spent 3 years in UCD, and I never had a proper relationship. Good years for upppin my scoring tally, but i was never asked to be anybodys fiance. In fact granted that I am such a great catch, one might say the best, I dont think anybody has any hope of getting a wife/husband, well because i didnt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

/me wonders if he's missing something

BusyBee: Transition year is that "4th" year that many schools do after the JC for students to get work experience and do vocational stuff etc. Normally very little academia involved, hence lots of piss-taking and fun-having.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

BusyBee33 wrote:
    23 is flexible - in the case of irlrobins I can stretch to 28 :)

Is the D4 thing actually real? I have heard about that before - what does it mean?

Ah Feck!!!

This is blatent ageism... Hulla!! Is there something in the rules about this??

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭pigeonbutler

Het-Field wrote:
    I spent 3 years in UCD, and I never had a proper relationship. Good years for upppin my scoring tally, but i was never asked to be anybodys fiance. In fact granted that I am such a great catch, one might say the best, I dont think anybody has any hope of getting a wife/husband, well because i didnt

This post would be kinda sad if you didn't know Paddy, and know how much of a blackguard he is!

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BusyBee33 wrote:
    I'm starting at UCD this year reading Law. I hoping to bag a husband, preferably a rugby playing medic. What are my chances:D ?
    Out of curiousity, whose husband do you hope to bag ?

Whichever one fits, obviously!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

We really shouldn't spend so much time fixating on boys, some don't fit into such small spaces you know, I really feel we should concentrate on more important things in life, like sharks being able to fall asleep one half of their brain at a time - that's cool.

Hmm she says she wants to bag and hunt a husband, although she's a nice girl, i dont think you can even do those things to animals these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I think there's something wrong with me....this is my perfect verging-on-spammy thread...and I'm feeling absolutely no love toward it nor can I think of post after post to make. Oh God I think I'm broken.

Before I'm blatantly off topic though, might as well say, I do know a law girl currently dating a rugby playing medic. I think the key to it is getting involved in societies, BusyBee, you'll meet people from other faculties then.

Nah Elmyra, I'd say it's just showing that you're a love filled person rather than a lust filled one!

Love, lust, what does that matter? She wants to bag a husband, she has the criteria all drawn up. No emotion involved. This isn't even funny anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

OP

you should come and hang around the arts block. they are not med students but the boys are so dreamy.

Paddy you can have me

And coming to college to hook up with a wealthy rugby playing dr mr darcy type in UCD aint gonna happen.

Grimes = Swoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

BusyBee33 wrote:
    a rugby playing medic

I think you've been watching too much Holby City love....get a grip will ya?

"Medic" . . .this isn't California for God's sake, it's Ireland. we don't talk sh*te like that here.

okay okay okay - what began as a lighthearted enquiry has escalated to the point where I am suddenly having to defend my character against an onslaught of what feels like total disapproval. Some points to clear up :
    1. I have no need to hunt anyone down and put them in a bag (quite the reverse) - the words "hunt" and "bag" are well understood in the context of the mating dance.
    2. I have no interest whatsoever in married men.
    3. There is no set criteria in my quest and I expect emotion (not lust) to be the driving force. Why can't a law student also be a hopeless romantic?
    What surprises me is the cynicism I have encountered from a place that I associated with lyricism. :confused:

I think people really have taken this a bit seriously.

I read it as tongue in cheek and assumed it was the posters way of saying hello and sorta introducing herself rather than the normal way.
    Once again the internet skill for confusion strikes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Well it's either a troll post, or the OP is a serious bunny boiler! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'm surprised the thread has lasted this long tbh. The mods must be taking pity :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rourky

Give the girl a break would ya!

Your big mistake was choosing UCD as a likely place to find a mentally and physically fit man. If you've got the brains and can get in then Trinity is more the place for you.

(I play a bit of rugby if you're interested) :cool:

Trinity? Pah!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Rourky wrote:
    (I play a bit of rugby if you're interested)
    This means he played in first year of school but didn't even make the b team. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Rourky

You all know it's the best!!

Advertisement