Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Polly Wanna Cracker?

Options
  • 29-08-2006 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭

Look at the pic first. I thought I'd seen it all, this thing was damn big and free in a very confined space. At first, when I was behind him at the red cow I thought it was stuffed, then it looked like it was trying to take off.

My point is it was loose in the car, I know f@ck all about parrot behaviour, but it has to go down as the most amazing (dangerous) thing I've seen in a while, it was pecking the drivers head at one point near the toll bridge...

There is simply no excuse, unless he's a genuine Pirate, and last time I looked Pirates didn't drive Hyundai Accents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a parrot to wear a seatbelt? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Most pirates in the films have a funny Accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wow, you think that was dangerous, yet you took a picture of it. Do you moan about people with dogs in their cars? Or how about children, they are far more dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Wow, you think that was dangerous, yet you took a picture of it
    I presume you are taking the p!ss? Have you ever looked at the 'Heres what I saw today' thread? Post that opinion there...

Taking a photo (which took a second) and having the consistent presence of a live (suprisingly large) unrestrained bird in the car are very different things, dangerwise. Do you think children are more dangerous than a unrestrained flapping parrot? You must have been in a car with some crazy children (I've driven and been a passenger with both children and dogs, and can assure you it was nothing compared to this).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Hey look! its me and my parrot! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭themessiah

kbannon wrote:
    Hey look! its me and my parrot! :D

Chris Bangle's BMW designs must have really gone to the dogs now . From that picture kbannon your bmw looks like a hyundai. What ever next bmw take inspiration from lada and horse b$ll$cks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Wickedcat

i presume the driver did get to his destination...or didn't he?:eek: dangerous really!hope he'll get to learn how to put his parrot on a cage..or perhaps, he just needs to catch other drivers attention..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Conar

Why are pirates so piratey?

Cos they Arrrrrrh!

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A relevant gag...........

A drunk is driving with his parrot through the city and his car is weaving violently all over the road. A cop pulls him over. "So," says the cop to the driver, "where have you been?" "I've been to the pub," slurs the parrot and the drunk smiles.

"Well," says the cop, "it looks like you've had quite a few. "He did all right," the parrot says and the drunk smiles. "Did you know," says the cop, standing straight and folding his arms, "that a few intersections back, your wife fell out of your car?"

"Oh, thank heavens," sighs the parrot. "For a minute there, I thought I'd gone deaf."

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

FX Meister wrote:
    Wow, you think that was dangerous, yet you took a picture of it. Do you moan about people with dogs in their cars? Or how about children, they are far more dangerous.

WTF mate? Could you not have come up with something better? You can buckle in kids, all you have to worry about is the noise factor and whatever else they are allowed to handle. Dogs? Always stay-put for me in the car, with the back seats down so they can lie down in comfort.

Birds, like a 20 inch tall parrot, are liable to fluttering their wings in such an enclosed space. Do you not get the Darwinian mechanics of mobile organisms? Oh, they also have 1 inch long almost razor-sharp claws, 4 of them, on each foot. And their beak, while designed to crack open wallnuts and pry the seeds from various trees and plants, would probably have better success IF one's eye got in the way...

How do you like that for a retort? Want some sugar to make it taste sweeter?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Parrots have landed on my head numerous times, their claws are not that sharp. The beak is quite strong alright, yet I fail to see how they could go for your eye. These are parrots, not Magpies. Does your dog go for your eyes when you drive? Because out of the 3 African Grey Parrots I have had not one has ever done such a thing.

Your retort gets a 3/10 from me and that's only because you made some sort of effort in researching a parrot from google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

You Legend! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Maybe it was an ex-parrot ?

I'll... get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

Just a point, but this creature was all over the shop (car). At one point it looked like it was trying to mount the driver, then it appeared he was trying to mount it. All this aside from it spreading it's wings (twice) :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭sullivk

WTF??! :confused: Thats a f***ing joke! Sooooo dangerous! Could cause an awful accident if the parrot were to distract the driver or block his view...
    Maybe we should all chip in and buy this driver a parrot cage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

That's bonkers, like the time I saw an elephant grazing on the roadside in Armagh.

Someone must have told him to get one of those Parrot kits that Fey! uses :)

watch out, the anti taking pictures from cars enforcement nazis are about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

...just practicing for the carnival show!:D what a talent..next time you'd see the driver,he'd be with a monkey, and the monkey will be driving for him for a change..:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Seanie M

layke wrote:
    Parrots have landed on my head numerous times, their claws are not that sharp. The beak is quite strong alright, yet I fail to see how they could go for your eye. These are parrots, not Magpies. Does your dog go for your eyes when you drive? Because out of the 3 African Grey Parrots I have had not one has ever done such a thing.

Your retort gets a 3/10 from me and that's only because you made some sort of effort in researching a parrot from google.

Their claws ARE sharp, I have seen, and felt, what they can do.
    The go for the eye part, Sherlock, is if, while next to the head of the driver in the attached photo, the bird becomes startled and flustered and went wild - the eyes are high risk body parts on the head.
    No, my dog doesn't go for my eyes, I have never heard of any dog that has done so to anybody else. You have quite a bad imagination.

You might want to knock a point or two off your rating for my retort, as I did not use Google, nor any other helpful aid, in my retort.

Seanie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Maybe the owner wanted a parrot hands free kit and got one of these instead.. :-D

Advertisement