Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque guarantee card

Options
  • 29-08-2006 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

I recently got my first cheque book for my AIB current account, but I never got a cheque guarantee card. The only card I have on the account is an ATM card (which they call a banklink)

Do I have to ask for a guaranteee card, or maybe I shouldn't maybe they sending me a message (i.e. you don't have enough money, we don't trust you, you can't have one :))

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

My BOI laser has a cheque guarantee stamp on the back of it, not sure if thats any help or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

and do you have a cheque book on that account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I do indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It should have got issued when the cheque book did. It normally comes combined with the Laser/Maestro card, so it might be worth asking your branch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

i have the same problem...got a cheque book and no guarantee card.....asked at the bank about it as was basically told...its only another form of id...you dont really need it..you're not getting one...now feck off and stop wasting my time.

have to say i've never been asked for guarantee card when writing cheques (wrote one for 2500)...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

bullrunner wrote:
    i have the same problem...got a cheque book and no guarantee card.....asked at the bank about it as was basically told...its only another form of id...you dont really need it..you're not getting one...now feck off and stop wasting my time.

have to say i've never been asked for guarantee card when writing cheques (wrote one for 2500)...

Bullrunner: to assist in the debate can u identify the bank here pls

OP: what sort of card did u get: as already noted see back for chq gtee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭bullrunner

IROCHA: BOI college green is the bank i'm with

Advertisement