Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore Amusements?

• 29-08-2006 7:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Hey.does anybody know if the amusement park in tramore is still open? there is no website and I want to go down this weekend, but all I can see that it says is Summer Season...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yep. It's open. A guy off my road was killed in the Ghost Train over the weekend... so I'm guessing the Ghost Train will be closed for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yep. It's open. A guy off my road was killed in the Ghost Train over the weekend... so I'm guessing the Ghost Train will be closed for a while.

... but don't let that put you off visiting the Sunny South-East!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

fricatus wrote:
    ... but don't let that put you off visiting the Sunny South-East!
    LOL.

Well I read about that in the paper today, any idea what happened? I can't imagine any way that such a thing could happen unless he hopped out of it and went exploring in the dark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RattSalad

even so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

They're still open and running, was out in Tramore yesterday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Well I read about that in the paper today, any idea what happened? I can't imagine any way that such a thing could happen unless he hopped out of it and went exploring in the dark.
    It seems he stood up in the carraige and it got a bang from the carraige behind it and he fell forward and was crushed underneath it when it moved.

The family says that he just moved to settle himself in the seat when it happened, but it does seem he was at fault... but still it shouldn't be so easy to kill yourself on the ride so I hope the Health and Safety Authority gives the place a good going over.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The only time I can think of a cart hiting into it is when its coming to a rest at the end / start..

A story I heard was he got an electric shock, collapsed, and then got crushed. But it seems different then the offical story, so its probably not true. Others say the carrage had more then were supposed to be in it. :S

Weird way to die tho. Id be very supprised if it was the rides fault, I cant see how it can be such a hazzard!

I also think the park should have been closed in respect for the family. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭raheny red

It was neither Gavin's or the amusement ride folk's fault, just a terrible accident!

Advertisement