Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous

Options
  • 29-08-2006 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Why am I banned from the Gigs/Events board? No explanation nothing? I didn't post ANYTHING about an mcd gig, or an mcd venue, or anything mcd.. Franz Ferdinand secret gig is NOTHING to do with mcd. :mad:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

First thing, have you contacted any of the moderators? f®eak s©enery, KevIRL, Mr Rivers or Kali are active I think.

edit: don't mention "them" in your post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

How am I supposed to find out who banned me or who mods that forum if I'm banned from it?

Lorax wrote:
    How am I supposed to find out who banned me or who mods that forum if I'm banned from it?

I just posted their names above, one of them will be able to tell you (or will probably here soon enough).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Lorax wrote:
    Keep a note of who's mod of what, change from http://www.boards.ie to http://anything.boards.ie and read, or log-out. Now, you have the list of usernames as Ruu posted them. However, if you log-out you may find a reason why you were banned, if the thread wasn't deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

A ban from a forum simply prevents you from posting in that forum, if you log out, you can still read any forum.

V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Banning people for mentioning *** is the height of lameness.

Delete, lock, edit threads; do what you must in that regard. Once you start banning people for it then it is beyond ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yeah depending on the masses to take the time out to read one of those warning threads that are posted on every forum instead of heading directly to their thread about britney spears or those cool cat rebels in hanson was our first mistake.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

If you're saying that depending on the masses for anything isn't a mistake then, um...

Never mind.

Looks like I forgot to get in on the ground floor of that *** thread in the mod forum.

Asok wrote:
    Yeah depending on the masses to take the time out to read one of those warning threads that are posted on every forum instead of heading directly to their thread about britney spears or those cool cat rebels in hanson was our first mistake.

Yes, I did bloody read the sticky about mcd. Thats why this is pissing me off, the secret franz ferdinand gig has ---->NOTHING TO DO WITH MCD<---- how can I make it any clearer? Why isnt everyone else on that thread getting banned?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Slightly OT I know, but can someone unban me so I can post in AH if I needed to...I think Nesf is off on hols somewhere. It was only for a week but that was back on the 12th july,I was away for a while after that to be fair to him. I'm a reformed citizen now....:)

mad m wrote:
    Slightly OT I know, but can someone unban me so I can post in AH if I needed to...I think Nesf is off on hols somewhere. It was only for a week but that was back on the 12th july,I was away for a while after that to be fair to him. I'm a reformed citizen now....:)

You should have access now.

Lorax: Have you pm'ed one of the moderators of the Gigs/Events yet?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

mad m wrote:
    I think Nesf is off on hols somewhere
    I don't think he will be referring to it as holidays somehow, hehe.

No cos I dunno which 1 banned me, why dont they just post here

Lorax wrote:
    No cos I dunno which 1 banned me, why dont they just post here
    They may not be checking here as regularly.
    Log out - READ THE POST - and you'd know which one banned you. You'd also know which other mod's are contactable. If you're not willing to PM them, be patient and await a PM. Freak Scenery (With fanshy pansh char's) was involved with that post - so I would assume he banned you.

yeah was probably him, its not even that I want a reason I want to complain about his decision so Feedback is a good place for it. The mcd paranoia is getting out of hand, this gig has ----> ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH MCD <---- The mod in question made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Just PM them all and ask them what's up.

Relax there Lorax20. This could probably have been resolved by now had you sent a PM explaining the mistake and discussing it, or using the Help Desk facilities provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

afai can gather you started a thread about the gig when you had posted in the other one.

Could be the reason as they are still discussing it so it being in relation to a certain promoter is a moot point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Pocari Sweat

Ahhh! MCD!, I thought they were going on about McDonalds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

It was nothing to do with the franz ferdinand gig I'm thinking. From the posts I see deleted in that forum it was discussion of a gig in one of their venues.

As for who banned you well you would be best to pm the mods of that forum to ask.

Im not even really bothered any more because that board is rubbish lately but I would like the mod in question to admit his mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Them's fightin' words.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Let slip the hounds of war.

Try the Mustard forum instead. There are wide ranging active discussions on all sorts of mustards, I like Colemans spread thick on me ham butties best.

Shouldn't that be The Hounds of Love? Feckin love that Kate Bush.

Why are you posting here even Pocari Sweat you are not a moderator and have nothing to contribute to this issue, go away and stop trolling on about mustard.

Lorax wrote:
    Why are you posting here even Pocari Sweat you are not a moderator and have nothing to contribute to this issue, go away and stop trolling on about mustard.
    It's Feedback - it's not restricted to mod's and higher. Why are you posting here? It's not the Help Desk. You have no interest in a resolution, only a bitching session.

ok could a moderator move this to helpdesk please, Ive been on boards a long time and that must be a new forum the way it used to work you have a problem you post on feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Hi Lorax,

You are correct, this has nothing to do with MCD. I banned you because you asked if anyone had any spare Franz Ferdinand tickets. Under the forum charter all ticket enquiries must go under Adverts, to prevent unmonitored selling and touting.

Your ban is for one week btw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement