Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't log on to windows

• 29-08-2006 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

About 2 weeks ago I did a fresh reinstall of windows. For the most part everythig appeared to be OK after the reinstall, however, some definite and horrible slow down was noticible once or twice during the inital log on, i.e. loading the personal settings of an account.

The problem is that now as soon as I turn on the computer and try any of the 3 accounts it attempts to load the personal settings, only gets as far as the wallpaer (no desktop icons) and then logs out ("saving personal settings"). I've tried restoring from an earlier point, and using the system restor off the Windows XP disk, but nothing doing.

One good thing is that i can access windows in safe mode, but now that I'm there I don't know what to do, tbh. I really don't want to go through the bother of reinsalling windows again, so any help to avoid this is greatly appreciated.

I have recently downloaded tenebril spyware catcher and, as I don't trust the programme, I was wondering if this could have deleted some important file (I doubt this though).

Thanks

Ps, i,ve just run an AV scan (avast) and it found nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

i removed that programme, ranc ccleaner and it appears to be fine now. i hardly think that this was the cause of it, or it's subsequent removal the solution, but for whatever reason it's now working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Meh its Windoze, Whattya expect? Was going to suggest either a repair install or a reformat and re-install as that is usaully the fastest adn cleanest way to repair Windows but it looks as though you've got it sorted, for now anyway.

MC

Hope it stays sorted!

Advertisement