Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War, Never Been So Much Fun

Options
  • 29-08-2006 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.irishgamer.ie/news.php?id=251&page=1

The return of the iconic shooter. I just hope they don't mess it up on PSP. There was a GB version a few years back that was pretty alright.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Vice city stories comin out on psp is goin to take all the limelight. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Chances are they'll change too much stuff, and take away what was originally fun about it, like any new bomberman games. Would be nice to see it remain fairly faithful to the original though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

cannon-fodder-blasting-onto-psp-20060825094600027-000.jpg

Was excited till I saw this :/

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The screenshots look alright to me. Cannon Fodder isn't about graphics anyway, just gameplay.

I hope they keep older features like starting with Jools and the hillside full of graves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ciaran500 wrote:
    cannon-fodder-blasting-onto-psp-20060825094600027-000.jpg

Was excited till I saw this :/

still a few months of development, and the isometric view and all means at some point they could buy the killzone:liberation graphics engine if they wanted to (you can be damn sure now that the killzone devs are owned by sony their engines will be whored out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

From the looks of it in the bottom right of the screenshot there's gonna be different soldier classes too? :confused: Hmm...

To me CF was all about simplicity; spray and pray with your machine gun, grenades and rockets to take out the enemy huts, the occasional tank and eh...skidoo section. :D That was it really. Simple, and genuinely one of the funniest games I've played ("Get orrff moy land!") Looks to me like they're complicating things a bit too much. I like the sound of 4-player multiplayer though.

Ah but if I get attached to the lil soldiers half as much as I did in the original it'll be a great game. Jools, Stoo...RIP :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

How come you can only see about six feet in front of your lads? And who wants to bet Codemasters rush it out unfinished, with teleporting squaddies and no Irish team, to coincide with the start of World War III?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Ah but if I get attached to the lil soldiers half as much as I did in the original it'll be a great game. Jools, Stoo...RIP :(
    Chances are you won't, they will probably have voices and jestures and other cartooney annoyances that would get in the way of relating with the characters. They also probably won't scream violently when they are shot as they did in the old version which was a huge part of wanting to keep them alive. I always found it wierd that little sensible soccer men with guns had more charm and character than almost all of the 26 billion polygon cardboard boxes we have as game characters these days(there are obvious exceptions to that).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

GB color version rocks, I still have it and I reckon the odds for a respectable remake are slim to none, just go to the toy shop and buy the Sensi-soccer handheld, isn't Cannon Fodder built in?
    Wonder if they'll include the video of the development team to go along with the theme song? Now that would rock!
    Wouldn't the DS be the perfect place for a relatively straight conversion of the Amiga classic? The stylus instead of mouse and a shoulder button each for weapons and movement with a constant map on the upper screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Niall - Dahlia

I always found it wierd that little sensible soccer men with guns had more charm and character than almost all of the 26 billion polygon cardboard boxes we have as game characters these days

Amen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement