Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staunton Should Go

• 29-08-2006 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Should Steve Staunton be sacked tomorrow or should they leave it until the weekend?

Mods can we have a poll to see how many people agree with me that Steve Staunton should be sacked - I hear theres a position as waterboy going at Walsall again so he should be ok.

Should Steve Staunton be Sacked? 4 votes

Yes, Get Rid. Who is he anyway.
    0%
    No, Steve Staunton is a tactical mastermind.
    100%
    _blank_blobertfinnparkLunaC 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

wasn't this thread around post-Holland friendly?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Based on 3 friendly results?

Get real finnpark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

wasn't this thread around post-Holland friendly?!

Apologies if there was a poll already? Was there? If not vote yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

1. This was done last week.

2. Why?

3. The incompetence is on the part of the FAIs, no one elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

gimmick wrote:
    1. This was done last week.

2. Why?

3. The incompetence is on the part of the FAIs, no one elses.

Can the FAI correct its incompetence.

The calling up of some soap star today was the last straw for me. The news is that Peter Andre will partner Jordan up front for the Czech match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

I think that's crap basically. The team hasn't played a real match yet. This is the worst group of Irish players in a long while so I think a top 3 position in the group would be a very acceptable campaign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

We've employed Walsall's reserve coach, what were you expecting? Now give him a chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

As others have mentioned, Ireland haven't played any proper matches yet, so no I wouldn't have him sacked just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

finnpark wrote:
    Can the FAI correct its incompetence.

The calling up of some soap star today was the last straw for me. The news is that Peter Andre will partner Jordan up front for the Czech match.

Soap star? You didnt even read into it did you?

Would you call Steven Gerrard a soap star because he appeared in a Documentary about himself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

sorry, i seem to have been living in a hole on mars for the last while with my fingers in me ears singin at the top of me lungs so can someone tell me what was the result of his first competitive Irish match again? obviously he must've had loads that i missed if this is even being discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I'll give him 3 matches before I'd vote yes (which I have always believed it would come to). This gives him the chance to play Germany, Cyprus and the Czech Rep. Ironically, a loss to the Germans and Czechs will all but rule out our qualification, making the appointment of a new manager sort of pointless. Of course it's not all his fault. As has been pointed out earlier, our current crop of players are, at best, below par. This said I think the signs are that Stan, by way of his tactical choices, has been furrowing his own grave in the last two games. I fear it will all come to tears.

Prove me wrong Stan!

::Edit::

There should have been a "wait and see" option for all us fence sitters. Boo to your crappy poll!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement