Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppy Bleedig

Options
  • 29-08-2006 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Hey im sure this has been aske before so even a link to an old thead would be great , I have a 4 month old westie and she is bleeding from her dinkle and is vey constipated. very worried about her but the stupid vets is closed when i rang they said its probably early heat but im still worried. can anyone help ??
    Please and thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Don't the vets near you offer a 24 hour service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

They gave me a number for one but i dont know if i need to go . im obiously over reacting but id still like my mind put at ease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

If the dog seems to be in pain call the vet, if the dog is acting normally I wouldn't worry to much tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

If any animal is bleeding it needs to see a vet as soon as possible. It may be early heat but is worth checking.

May be constipation, maybe somthing worse, or maybe somthing else causing the constipation. Either way you need to know and find out how best to treat it.

My advice would be get her to a vet first oppertunity you get.

b

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Budo.Judo.Kev

What's a dinkle?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭SuzyS1972

Check 1st thing tomorrow - the last thing you need is a 4 month old getting preggers :mad:
    You'll need to be SO careful if she is in early season.

My beagle x - neutered - was bleeding a little some weeks back from her " lady bit " as I call it and it turns out she had a bad kidney infection.
    I was worried so much at the time but a simple urine test cleared the matter.
    A few anti-biotics later she's fine but as your little one is only 4 months please get her seen asap - Hope she's ok and keep us up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Checked with the 24 hour vet centre in ucd ,they thinks its a urinery/ infection started her on anti-biotics have to go back today to me usual vet cus the room is like a blood bath this morning ! ..A dinkle is a ladys two-pence .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

RAIN wrote:
    A dinkle is a ladys two-pence .
    What's a two-pence? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

She is talking about the dogs genitals.
    Clear enough?

b

Advertisement