Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

HID kits

• 29-08-2006 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad?

Was looking into buying a kit for my civic. I'm looking for the full kits not just crappy blue bulbs.

Dan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jackrabbit

I CAN TELL YE ITS THE ONLY WAY. DO IT RIGHT OR DONT DO IT AT ALL

I HAVE A CELICA MYSELF I WAS LOOKING AT AT SET MYSELF I CAME

ACROSS THESE ONES. THEY LOOK THE BEST AROUND AND PRICE WELL YOU

PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET. HOPE IT HELPS CHEERS

http://www.onevisionhi-tech.ie/xcart/product.php?productid=16587&cat=384&page=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

I have a 6000k HID kit in my car and its the best mod i've done. Would highly recommend them.

I bought mine from Chromeline Design, give Ben a shout and he'll look after you, tell him i referred you !! Cost £209.95 (approx €310) plus iirc he gives a 5 year guarantee on the bulbs and liftime on the ballast box.

btw, Chromeline mainly stocks stuff for BMW's but he does HID kits for most makes, does them in 6000,7000 & 8000 Kelvin, would recommend the 6000k though, the higher rating you go the more blue they look but give off less light.

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Been looking into this myself.

Dunno what the 01+ Civic hatchback headlamp bulb is, but all other Civics have a H4 bulb (two filaments). From what I've read these seem to be the most unsuitable bulbs for conversion to HID.

I've 9006 bulbs in my dips. Looking to get a kit off ebay. Can be had for £85 + P&P, and installation seems straight forward.

Anyone have aftermarket HIDs in that have passed an NCT or MOT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭DaveD

JHMEG wrote:
    I've 9006 bulbs in my dips. Looking to get a kit off ebay. Can be had for £85 + P&P, and installation seems straight forward.

I've read reviews from people that have bought them from ebay and they're not supposed to be great, as in look no where like HID/Xenon and don't last long ! You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

There seem to be a few "premium grade" HID kits that you can't go wrong with, from manufacturers you've heard of like Philips, Sylvania etc. But these are *very* expensive.

When it comes to the "noname" brands, ebay is king.

Paying 300 euro for a noname doesn't mean it's any better than a noname for 120 euro.

My 2c.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jackrabbit

:D

one thing about ebay.

i will never buy from there again. you buy suger??? in the uk or usa as they call it. you have no come back.
    they never answer emails after they get ye money.
    i would always bye from someone how gives ye a phone number.

for i got burnt twice with ebay once for €450 euro and never got items

cheers all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 missredhonda

I ordered a unit yesterday from them it was €400 .
    but i noticed if you join there emailing list they send you a voucher for €20 euros to spend on there site.
    you have to spend €200 to get the discount.
    so i got the unit for €380 so happy days
    check out this one its easy. just log into email news letter get €20 euro voucher then spend.
    the staff are very nice and helpfull to.
    the next day i recieved another email getting €20 euros off my next purchase as a thank you. not bad so my saving are you could say €40 euros.

thanks
    missredhonda:eek: ;):p:)

missredhonda: you wouldn't work for them by any chance?

god work are you crazy.
    never i have better things to do with my time.
    one my nails.
    have a fella for the work and no he does not work for them before you ask.

thanks anyway for my job profile.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

JHMEG wrote:
    missredhonda: you wouldn't work for them by any chance?

Missredhonda is indeed a simple employee.;) http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51991192&posted=1#post51991192

• Advertisement

sorry lads if you think that.
    i just thought it was nice promote an irish company
    by the way where are you from???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭5500

Most hid kits are made in korea or china.Ive known a few guys to get kits in and have never seen any problems or blown bulbs as of yet.

There simple enough to install,ie there plug and play bar joining 1 wire to a loom.There one of the best mod's for a car imo.

Advertisement