Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ping brutal tonight with BT

• 29-08-2006 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Hi I am on the swords exchange with BT and I have been getting +400 pings on Bf2 tonight, I also tried pinging google.ie, boards.ie with similar results.
    Is there anyone experiencing brutal ping times tonight?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Yes, thought it was just me.

blacknight.ie's speedtest has my d/l @ 828 kbps, I'm on the 3 Mb service.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Yes, thought it was just me.

Phwee thats a relief. I thought they downgraded me due to overusage;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Deception217

I am. But with Eircom for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

I'm in Swords aswell with BT 2MB and getting High pings and max speeds of 512 or less. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

On Dundalk exchange with BT 3Mb package, the speed test is telling me my connection is less than a 1Mb line :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

I'm with Netsource/Magnet 3mb package in D15 and getting pings of over 500ms to boards.ie. WTF is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fredm

I'm with BT 2mb in Clontarf ,pings over 400 on first hop

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

Pinged Boards.ie with a average of 440ms :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

On eircom myself. I know smart are doing work on my estate so I figured it might be something to do with that. But it's gotten worse tonight.
    Was 250+ all day and now I've checked it and it's 450+.

I want my cs. damnit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭123

thought it was just me,
    what if... the speed is being upped :D
    :eek:
    better not raise my hopes ;)

• Advertisement

tracert www.boards.ie

Tracing route to www.boards.ie [82.195.136.250]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
    2 387 ms 382 ms 379 ms bas506.cwt.esat.net [***.**.136.242]
    3 386 ms 396 ms 392 ms vlan500.rt501.cwt.esat.net [193.95.136.124]
    4 404 ms 401 ms 391 ms vlan51.rt001.cwt.esat.net [193.95.130.137]
    5 406 ms 409 ms 401 ms ge0-0.br001.cwt.esat.net [193.95.129.4]
    6 570 ms 443 ms 491 ms border2.hosting365.ie [193.242.111.23]
    7 402 ms 397 ms 393 ms 82.195.143.132
    8 391 ms 398 ms 396 ms boards.ie [82.195.136.250]

Trace complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭oisin

Same here, I'm on the Lucan Exchange with Eircom 2MB. Getting only around 450.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

I was going to post something on this earlier today. It's been like this all day for me.
    Netsource 3mb on Clontarf exchange.
    Having dial-up flashbacks. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭BigWilly

mines been going down about 50ms every hour. It's now @ 170

Same here , Down to 118ms :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

My connection speed has dropped to 2200kbps from the full 3mb, and has dropped 37 times since Monday :o
    Going to log a fault now with BT - hopefully they will respond

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

same here for me on eircom's 3mb line getting 400 or so on the third hop to any website i can see. it go better as the night got later but i presumed it was as usuage fell off. Last time i saw this happen was they had a fault and too much traffic was being sent thru one area due to it, hopefully its a similar thing and will be fixed quickly

Data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

It's even worse today. I can hardly get anything to load.
    boards.ie is one of the few site to be working more or less okay.

Can't get anything done :mad: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Yeah this is pissing me off big time. Ive been wanting to play some POE2 (bf2 mod) but yesterday my ping was 500. I'm with eircom here in fairview and a friend of mine is with BT and he has the same problem. Ive been running tracerts to a server all yesterday to see if the ping was going down. I did one again there about half an hour ago and YAY my ping was grand.

Went to play on a server and within 10 mins my ping shot up to 180, now its 300 again. Feck sake are they taking the piss or what?? This seems to happen every few weeks.

At least I know the problems not on my end but still.

I mean what are they doing??? would be nice to get an announcment or something. Is this effecting all of Dublin???

oh and Hi all!!! 1st post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

its not just affecting dublin, im here in westmeath, pings of 36 last night to UIE ut servers, and a fecking 212 + ping today. what the F*ck is going on! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

hmm my ping is better again now. Hopefully it will stay this way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

Anyone elses pings brutal again tonight? Digiweb DSL:

Pinging www.boards.ie [82.195.136.250] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=165ms TTL=60
    Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=189ms TTL=60
    Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=195ms TTL=60
    Reply from 82.195.136.250: bytes=32 time=174ms TTL=60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ping on Smart was going crazy last night aswell... though according to a traceroute the first few hops were fine and it only went to shít half way across.
    Seems alright now, fingers crossed it stays that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Do all the providers on this thread resell Eircoms Bitstream service, if so its likely that its the Eircom DSLAMs or backhaul up links that are at issue here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cyyyavan

Hey all,

First post here! I have just signed up for BT (supposed 3meg but got 1meg) and I am getting really crappy pings too. This connection is so bad that my work vpn can't function with it!!

The only reason I went with BT was the 6 month contract.... I don't plan on keeping it for any longer than that. Can anyone give me advice on getting my vpn to work with the service? I have tried all the basics and nothing doing, even had one of my workmates have a look at it and no joy.....

Need help! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Trumps

Would advise everybody with BT to check their speeds regularly. Especially those paying for 3Mb as 3mb is not being provided. ! The maximum appears to be 2Mb, but its most often only 1Mb. Why pay for 3Mb when you are only recieving 2Mb or less. ? Its not good enough. If they can't provide it then they can't expect to get paid for it. ! simple.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Trumps wrote:
    Would advise everybody with BT to check their speeds regularly. Especially those paying for 3Mb as 3mb is not being provided. ! The maximum appears to be 2Mb, but its most often only 1Mb. Why pay for 3Mb when you are only recieving 2Mb or less. ? Its not good enough. If they can't provide it then they can't expect to get paid for it. ! simple.

In fairness to BT ( I must be ill!:) ) you are paying for a contended product and no ISP will guarantee the maximum speed for the product you sign up for. Have you checked your line stats? What speed are you syncing with BT at?

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats.htm
    http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/lowSNR.htm

There are a lot of lines out there that cannot cope with 3Mb and that may be part of the problem (of course it may not either!)

Advertisement