Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed new parks in Limerick?

Options
  • 29-08-2006 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me more about the proposed new parks out in Clonmacken and Castletroy? I couldn't seem to find anything about it on the Co. Co.'s website. How large will these parks be? Will they include sporting pitches? Will they include playgrounds? Will they have sculpture etc? When are they due to start on them? When will the Park Canal be finished?

Are these the only 3 parks? What about Raheen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Theres a park going in behind Russells pub in Raheen. I live locally and we got a questionaire re. if we had kids, wanted pitches, skateboard facilities, playgrounds etc. etc.

Was impressed that they canvassed in this way - hopefully the results will be reflective of proper planning with input from Joe public.

Would love to have a park within walking distance - walking dogs around housing estates, in traffic is miserable...lucky people getting their own - I assume it also works wonders for property prices.....

P.S. Other one is across from Castletroy College - Never heard of Clonmacken one 'til now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Yes, a survey man came from ... somewhere to ask about what we'd like to see in a park for Raheen, it was about the time that the Castletroy one was in the news last year.. anywho... if it does go ahead, the term 'Raheen Park' will be a bit vague as he was pointing out a site the far side of the dock road. But no media picked it up and I havent heard anything since

Advertisement