Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is safe to book my ski trip for?

Options
  • 29-08-2006 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of going to the Spanish Pyrenees or the Alps and while the flights are still cheap I'm not certain of when I can be certain there is snow. Can anyone tell me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

In Austria it'd be christmas to the end of march if you want to be sure. The season officially begins around 8th Dec but 2 of the last 3 years that didn't happen and it was much later in december before there was enough snow. Some places will have artificial snow and they could almost be guaranteed to open when they say but not all pistes would be open and the resort could be quiet enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Mayrhofen in Austria is wicked
    - as other poster said, its safer to wait til Jannuary.

Last few years we've done Tignes (French Alps) & Mayrhofen in Jan
    - consistantly good snow.
    Spanish Alps would be less reliable (tho was there last March & there was too much snow!)
    Keep an eye on da webcams (www.snoweye.com is good)
    & ya should be grand.

See ya up da hill :D

JohnBoy

Advertisement