Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fog Light Kit for Passat

• 29-08-2006 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I got a price for a fog light kit for my passat today. It comes with everything you need, bumper inserts, wiring, lume, switch etc..

He said that there are two different kits. One is 350 euro and the other is over 500. He mentioned something about the dearer kit having "better lights" (possibly xenon) and a remote control????

Can somebody please explain this to me if they know about these kits because I dont have a clue! Would I be better off going for the more expensive kit???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

The VW fags are robbing you. Get the lights on ebay or price a motor factors. Can you even wire them yourself or are you gonna have to pay some for that too? These could be expensive fogs!

I got a jdm set for my civic coupe off ebay.com(genuine Honda fogs) for E120 and installed them meself for nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,309 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

pa daly wrote:
    I got a price for a fog light kit for my passat today. It comes with everything you need, bumper inserts, wiring, lume, switch etc..

He said that there are two different kits. One is 350 euro and the other is over 500. He mentioned something about the dearer kit having "better lights" (possibly xenon) and a remote control????

Can somebody please explain this to me if they know about these kits because I dont have a clue! Would I be better off going for the more expensive kit???

If you can get the exact same kit off eBay or the likes cheaper then I would go with that. Just make sure they are for your exact car and all parts needed If your not a keen DIY expert then a good auto electrician will fit them for you.

Regarding the dearer kit, I'm not sure what you would need a remote control with fog lights for? Doubt they are xenon either, they are probably VW OEM parts at that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

pa daly wrote:

My advice is to save your money. I use mine about twice a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

How old is your passat? Are you sure you don't have them built in to your head lights already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Anan1 wrote:
    My advice is to save your money. I use mine about twice a year.

Never know, he -could- be one of those peeps who uses them all of the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement