Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here been to......

• 29-08-2006 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

"Break for the border" recently?

Me and my partner are going to a Hen-night (yes, we are two guys, and no we aint crashing it lol, tis my sisters and she has asked us to come ;)) the "stag" night was....um..... lets just say, we would'nt have fit in with the guys. :)

Wondering what its like for access from point of view of somone whos actually been there, wheelchair or no wheelchair.
    Im told there is lifts and a wheelchair toilet, just wondering. Phoned them etc, but I'd rather confirm by somone whos been there, re steps floors etc?
    (Been told on more than one occasion "Oh yes, there is no problem, no steps" only to discover that that was true, but only on the ground floor of a certain place).

BTW, what exactly does one *do* at a "hen night"? :o;)

B

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

As far as I can remember, (Tis been a long time since we were in town!) There's a lift & it's very easy to get around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

When is the hen night on B?

If it's not for another week or two I'll try have a gander in around it if I'm in that area.

Will your party be in a specific area, or just the normal part?

As regards what goes on during a hen, that's a secret that you can only learn by going. (Usually it involves a lot of booze and making an eejit of yourself though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Tis on Saturday :)
    I think it will be a meal in the restaurant to start then moving on to the bar area (just going by what my cousin mentioned, not sure how reliable she is though).

Going to try and find some "interesting" things to bring along. Im thinkin, 6 foot tall, firemans uniform, velcro seams.... lol am I on the right track? ;)
    As for the booze, I cant drink but it will be muchos fun watching my hubby getting drunk!
    I can usually manage to make an eejit of myself without it though. ;)
    Its actually rather funny, on the grooms side his brothers and friends are all very "macho" guys, us being there at the stag party would have actually been hilarious had we survived it lol.
    .....I know an aunt of mine said somthing about an L plate, a pink feather boa, a pair of light up horns and a bottle of tequila and several things from shops in the capel street area,....... sounds right up our street!
    TBH we will probably be the quietest ones there, lol, we both tend to be the quiet type at parties, neither of us are all that outgoing (contrary to popular belief).
    (We'll be the badly dressed big guy in the wheelchair sitting with the cute bald american photographer in the corner if anyone's in there at the time lol.)

If you're in the area that would be great, dont worry though, one way or the other they aint keeping us out! How many men ever get to see the secrets of the "hen night!" lol....

b

Well, if I get a chance to pop in tomorrow, or Friday I'll do my best to have a scout around.

Ah thanks Amz, I do appreciate that :)
    Dont worry if ya can't though, one way or the other we shall get in there, even if I have to ab-sail from a helicopter down the side of the building and kick in a window on the appropriate floor! :)
    (Now there's a mental image!)

b

• Advertisement

Turns out...
    The lift is too small for all but the *smallest* of electric wheelchairs.
    The dancefloor requires being lifted down 4 steps and once down that end somone else will have to go back to the bar for your drinkies.
    The prices are absolutely insane.

I would'nt call it wheelchair accessible, but if you are semi-mobile I suppose it wouldnt be so bad.

b

That's a pity, sorry I didn't get a chance to check out the place and had no net access on Friday, or Saturday.

Hope you had a good night anyway and your sister enjoyed herself.

I don't get surprised by prices these days, unless I've to pay less than I expected, which doesn't happen very often.

Ah dont worry, a good night was had by all. :)

I dont go out a whole lot since my place still has no nearby accessible busses, but I hear a lot from people about prices.
    When a relative pointed it out I was stunned, gods things have changed in this country, if pubs had tried to charge these kinda prices back when I used to spend half my life in em (im only 28 so not *that* long ago), there would have been riots!

b

Advertisement