Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop wont read cd's

• 30-08-2006 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

Hi all, i have a sony vaio FJ1Z/w when i put a audio cd into the drive it is not recognised, dvd's are but playback is not at the correct speed? are these related and what could be the problem? thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What software are you using for the DVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

I'd check for the latest driver!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

I had a similar problem with my Dell Inspiron 5160. After some trouble shooting, They told me how to install a new one over the phone and sent one out and it arrived the next day. Its pretty simple but i'd set aside 1.5 hours for the call....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to laptop forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭judomick

Ruu wrote:
    What software are you using for the DVD?
    All software reads the dvd, windows media, win dvd etc, the audio cd's are just not recognized, but when i use nero to burn it works fine?

• Advertisement
Advertisement