Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodpeckers to return to Ireland

• 30-08-2006 7:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

A quick mention on Radio 1 this morning, that the IWT are to go ahead with the re-introduction of the Great Spotted Woodpecker to Ireland. Nothing on the IWT site as yet apart from the previous article at http://www.iwt.ie/woodpecker.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I think I might have spotted (no pun intended) one of these while I was in Kilkenny during the summer. They are not unknown, I believe, to make their way over here at odd times. I did not report it because I was less than 50% sure what it was.

Great news though on the re-introduction... White Tailed eagle next I believe!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I hope it's true, but I wonder if we have enough old wood to support any real re-introduction.

Advertisement