Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Website to guide you through importing a car for the UK

• 30-08-2006 9:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all,

A friend has launched a website based upon his own experience of researching, finding and importing a car from the UK. He has come up with some useful tips and explains what the best way to import a car is. There is an online calculator to see if it worth your while importing your dream car as well as some real examples, including his own and friends cars which have been imported from the UK.

www.importyourcar.net

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭Moanin

Very helpful.

From experience it has most topics required ,although most are already covered on the sticky on this board

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭SDunne4

although most are already covered on the sticky on this board

True but there's alot of reading in the sticky, www.importyourcar.net brings it all together :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I would suggest getting feedback on the design in the webmaster forum.
    You will also need some kind of disclaimer to avoid legal implications over misunderstandings. You also instruct people not to import an Opel. Im sure Opel Ireland would say something about this.
    WRT looking at the car, state that if buying privately then do so at the sellers house, etc.
    WRT paying for the car, add in more info about the various scams, etc. that can occur.
    There's more but I have to do a bit of work today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

kbannon wrote:
    I would suggest getting feedback on the design in the webmaster forum.
    What is with this picture appearing in all these threads? :) You need to go back to copy n paste school kbannon :)

fletch wrote:
    What is with this picture appearing in all these threads? :) You need to go back to copy n paste school kbannon :)
    You have lost me now!

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote:
    You have lost me now!
    Click on the link you posted above...was that intentional?

Thanks.
    I have updated the link (and took the liberty of updating it in your quote also)

kbannon wrote:
    Thanks.
    I have updated the link (and took the liberty of updating it in your quote also)
    lol no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What was it, what was it? :)

Mike.

Twas a link to the A55 pictured in another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Very well written

Nice Info !!
    explained in good detail

well done !

Advertisement