Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yes, the "Users using this forum" feature is no longer there.

Options
  • 30-08-2006 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭

As many of you know we are not happy with the general performance of the boards.ie website.

Many different steps are taking place to try to improve things as much as possible. Some of these steps involve the removal or changing of functionality.

Currently the "Users using this forum" feature is disabled. That people aren't happy with this has been noted, but the admins are trying to balance a hell of a lot of factors here, and we should all bear that in mind.

Please also note that it never really worked anyway. The web doesn't let servers know what you're doing, only what you have done, hence people using more than one tab would only be "using" the forum in the last tab they opened and people who'd looked at a forum or thread and then closed their browsers or went to a different site would still be "using" that forum for some time.

Hence you haven't really lost a "Users using this forum" function, you've lost a "Users possibly using this forum, but there could be more I'm not telling you about, and these people may not be using it at all, sorry I don't have a clue really, but here's my best guess" function. Really, is that such a loss?

Stickied due to there having been multiple threads on this.
    Post edited by Shield on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement