Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sneaky Vodafone changed charges....

• 30-08-2006 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else still on the old monthly billing option... "Alltime". It's just under €16 a month and you get 80 free minutes offpeak and 20 peak as well as 80 "phone a friend for free" off peak. Great value but they were on to me a while ago trying to get me onto one of the new "Perfect Fit" thingies but none of them are as good value for me. :(

But I have just noticed that Vodafone have taken away some of my monthly "phone for free" minutes. Other networks used to be included in my free 80 mins a month off peak calltime but now they are charging loads for calling other networks.

This is not the contract I signed up for! :mad:

So has anyone else noticed this sneaky charge??? Or am I one of the only dinasaur still on "Alltime"??!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I used to be on this tarriff and asaik, the inclusive mins were always vodafone to vodafone calls only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭sudzs

You're right, it was Vodafone to Vodafone only but that was years ago when off peak wasn't until after 8pm! :eek:

Then they chenged off peak to after 6pm and then or soon after, included landline and other networks in the free minutes.

Well, it's the other networks thing I'm only slightly unsure of...

I'm 99% positive!!! But does anyone know for sure if they were included??

sudzs wrote:
    You're right, it was Vodafone to Vodafone only but that was years ago when off peak wasn't until after 8pm! :eek:

Then they chenged off peak to after 6pm and then or soon after, included landline and other networks in the free minutes.

Well, it's the other networks thing I'm only slightly unsure of...

I'm 99% positive!!! But does anyone know for sure if they were included??

I'm 100% sure that up to last december, which is when i left them, I was always charged for cross network calls. My free mins were only used for vodafone to vodafone and landlines.

Aquos76 wrote:
    I'm 100% sure that up to last december, which is when i left them, I was always charged for cross network calls. My free mins were only used for vodafone to vodafone and landlines.

But a minute ago you thought it was just Vodafone to Vodafone...???? :confused:

Anyone????? :)

sudzs wrote:
    But a minute ago you thought it was just Vodafone to Vodafone...???? :confused:

Anyone????? :)

What are you on about. I am still sticking by what I said. All time was only Vodafone to Vodafone calls and also land line calls. Your original query was about other networks not land lines

Did you bother to look on the Vodafone website to find out before you came on here. Because if you did you would have seen the following
    Vodafone Alltime 180
    €19.05 per month includes:
    • Calls to other Vodafone and landline numbers within Ireland -
    20 minutes peak calls
    80 minutes off-peak calls
    • 80 Call a Friend for Free off-peak minutes to any Vodafone Ireland number
    • Free Voicemail

http://www.vodafone.ie/priceplans/rd_tariff.jsp

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote:
    I used to be on this tarriff and asaik, the inclusive mins were always vodafone to vodafone calls only.

See...!!!

Anyway, can you post the link to that Alltime info please because I cant find it anywhere on their website...

They don't even do Alltime anymore, you can't get it!

sudzs wrote:
    See...!!!

Anyway, can you post the link to that Alltime info please because I cant find it anywhere on their website...

They don't even do Alltime anymore, you can't get it!

I will say it again. Your query was regarding other network calls. Thats why I did not mention the landline calls.

If you bothered to read my previous post, you would have seen that I had already posted the link to you.:mad:

Some people just cant do anything for themselves.:(

Eh, try clicking on that link of yours! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭soiaf

So, I gather from the fact you have not replied, you found out the answer to you question. So your 99% was actually 100% wrong:D

• Advertisement

soiaf wrote:

Thank you soiaf. :)

Your helpful link is definitaly worth replying to!

sudzs wrote:
    Thank you soiaf. :)

Your helpful link is definitaly worth replying to!

Tosser:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Aquos76 or anyone else, any more abuse will result in a ban.

In addition, I've noticed a marked increase in whinge threads of late - that is threads about how VF/O2/Meteor/3 are screwing people over when in reality the OP is too dumb or stupid to read the normal print, let alone the small print. Genuine consumer grevences are one thing, but some of the threads that have been popping up here recently are a waste of bandwidth, tbh.

"...too dumb or stupid..."

Oh lordy, more abuse?!

oh sorry, I'm wasting bandwidth again. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

sudzs wrote:
    oh sorry, I'm wasting bandwidth again. ;)
    Yes, frankly you are. Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement