Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 Or Three? K800i?

• 30-08-2006 11:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

I need some serious help. I want to get a new phone and I have my eye on the "Sony ericsson K800i". It's only available on three and im not sure if i should change to three(3pay)for this top class phone, or stay with O2(speakeay) and get a not so good phone but still have the great services that O2 provide.
    Its driving me mad because i can't make up my mind.
    I dont really want to change to three due to the quality and range of their services.
    Any suggestions on phones to get on O2 or if you know when or if the K800i will be available on O2 speakeasy soon would be great!

Should I changed to three for the Phone?
    or
    Stay with O2 for the service?

Please Relpy....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

I've been with 3 since January and have had few problems. I travel to the Uk a bit and the cheap calls are good.

I have a Motorola V3X which I got cos I couldn't wait for the Nokia 6280 but that Sony looks very cool

Heard a few problems with roaming in other countries but it's not affected me so.....

(and the free goals on a Saturday are good )

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

I'm in the same boat myself. Am due an O2 Silver upgrade but the K750i will still cost me €109. Thinking of going to Three and getting the K800i.
    Only thing that is stopping me is the fact that I use an o2.ie email address.
    Anyone know whether you lose that if you move away from them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

O2 are getting the K800i.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I am getting the k810i from Meteor for 129 euros, would Meteor suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

That's the W810i, not a K810i. The camera on the W810 is a 2.0 which the K800i is a 3.2. That's the main difference. W810i is a fine phone, and is what I'm using at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I'd recommend sticking with O2, I'm sure they'll have that phone eventually. Maybe call them and ask?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

chrislad wrote:
    O2 are getting the K800i.
    where did u here this and when will it be available on speakeasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

im thinking of switching over to 3 to get the 6280 seeing as vodafone wont be getting it. anyone got one from 3? is it any good and did you have any problems with it? dont know that much about 3 cause ive been with vodafone for years but i like the 6280 and the 5c texting for life to any network really interests me cause thats what i mostly use. i wont be using it out of ireland cause i dont travel so the phone will pretty much be dublin bound. from what i hear the 3g coverage is good but it is on the site so whats your experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mralphabet

Hi Guys .. Just on this O2 do not have a release date on the handset at the moment ... its still in testing .. but more than likely due out on contract within the next two months. Plus the o2.ie email/web text account you will actually lose if you port out from o2. The accounts now require you have an active number registered to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53 ✭✭newtothis

Hi guys, the k800i sony ericcson phone (memory card sold seperatly) is available, from o2 today, i got a quote for a platinum upgrade in an o2 shop it would cost €199, but i went to the 3g store who also had it in stock and if they did the upgrade for me with o2 it cost €169 with exactly the same benefits, i also got a quote on the new nokia 6233 of €99 in o2 shop on platinum and €79 with same benefits in 3g store. i think it would be worth comparing the prices then going to 3g as they seem to be cheaper for the phones for all network providers than the network providers shops themselves!

• Advertisement
Advertisement