Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Farrelly gone from Bohs

• 30-08-2006 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Seemingly Gareth Farrelly has been sacked or has resigned from Bohemians.

I take it Bohs fans are happy.

Pat Dolan anyone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Alan Matthews and Pat Dolan are the early front runners.

Wonder where Farrelly will end up. Is he gone as a player also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Looks like it, and Devlin is gone too as a player :confused:

He's been their best player in recent weeks imo.

Matthews?

Are they serious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

seansouth wrote:
    Looks like it, and Devlin is gone too as a player :confused:

He's been their best player in recent weeks imo.

Matthews?

Are they serious?
    Devlin's a major loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Bohs are good at making a mess of things

Dont win the league in what 25 years...Roddy Collins wins the double so they get rid of him!

Stephen Kenny wins the league they give him a season and a half more and get rid of him.

Its only taken them about 2 seasons to many to get rid of Farrelly.

So whats the next move?

• Advertisement

No need for a quickfire replacement.

The season is over for Bohs.

Won't be relegated, no cups to win.

Keely short term?

Dolan would be ideal.

I'm hearing whisperings of Fenlon, and wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Shels given our problems off pitch.

If Rico leaves Cork City he could be a possibility.

Collins back?

The Sligo manager, O'Connor I think.

DaveH wrote:
    Bohs are good at making a mess of things

Dont win the league in what 25 years...Roddy Collins wins the double so they get rid of him!

Stephen Kenny wins the league they give him a season and a half more and get rid of him.

Its only taken them about 2 seasons to many to get rid of Farrelly.

So whats the next move?
    You can hire Farrelly if you want to put your money where your mouth is. As for BFC, he's sacked.

Apparently it's pretty much done and dusted that Dolan has it, at least until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Can't see Roddy ever going back to Bohs in my opinion. I can hear the Casuals now looking for Dolan to be called in but who knows. Bohs like to surprise people wth some of their hiring and firing !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'm delighted. What a hell it has been going to see Bohs play for the last two years.

Apparently Pat Dolan is all lined up and ready to step in. I did however hear from a mate of mine that heard from Nutsy himself in Fagans that he would jump at the chance to take over at Bohs. Now that things are a bit shakey in Tolka is this a possibility Des?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Watched the game last night in the bohs section and quite a people were calling for his head..............and that was before he missed the peno!

Hunt is in the frame for interim job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

Keely is a joke. It is not well anyway.

Hunt as manager would simply not work, you cannot make one of the players a manager. Anyway, player managers rarely work.

Roddy Collins couldnt manage his way out of a paper bag.

Pat Dolan may bring about some enthsiasm at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

He never got Boez playing.

No shape to the team.

Personally I think Jason McGuinness has been playing very poor. Never played any sort of passing football as far as I can see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Wondwer if Bohs fans are busy making various "get <insert new manager here> out" placards for their next game.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Wondwer if Bohs fans are busy making various "get <insert new manager here> out" placards for their next game.

kdjac

You really hate bohs don't you? If you had to put up with what we have for past two years, in particular the last few months, you'd have been turfing him out too. He was useless as a manager and a lazy baastard of a player.

DOLAN OUT, I MEAN IN!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Everyone including Bohs and non-Bohs fans know that Farrelly should have been sacked at laest 4 months ago, some fcuk up by Bohs board isn't it! They could have salvaged a respectable season with a decent manager if they weren't as slow or thick.... or was it the prospect of paying compensation that delayed the inevitable for Farrelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

To be fair, Bohs form seems to boo very quickly. Was Dom Foley not booed within minutes of his debut? Pete Mahon was subjected to vile personal abuse, as were his kids and wife, and Stephen Kenny was so rashly sacked it boggles the mind.

Now, it will be interesting to see if Dolan gets the post considering the manner in which he left Limerick.

TheGooner wrote:
    You really hate bohs don't you?

DOLAN OUT, I MEAN IN!

Not rreally i just find it amusing that you have demanded the sacking of ....all your managers ever. Jesus i honestly cant remember one leaving at the end of his contract or leaving happy fans, maybe Turlough but thats prolly cos he was a nice guy Bohs fans still wanted him sacked tho.

Dolan told me last week there was only one club he would manage in EL, this was outside Pats after a game...... i thought he meant pats :p

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's the cardinal rule of football management. If your necks on the line and you're underperforming in the league then at least put a cup run together and if you can't even do that then at least make sure you get knocked out a by a team ranked higher than you. As such I can't say I'm surprised with this news.

Bye bye Gareth. Can't say it's been emotional.

• Advertisement

or was it the prospect of paying compensation that delayed the inevitable for Farrelly?

Of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

TheGooner wrote:
    I'm delighted. What a hell it has been going to see Bohs play for the last two years.

Apparently Pat Dolan is all lined up and ready to step in. I did however hear from a mate of mine that heard from Nutsy himself in Fagans that he would jump at the chance to take over at Bohs. Now that things are a bit shakey in Tolka is this a possibility Des?
    Wouldn't surprise me, not with our off pitch problems. :( Would hate to lose Nutsy tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Roddy left the club a legend, things that happened after changed that status but nobody was calling for his head after winning the double.

Not sure who I want to see in tbh, Dolan seems best of a bad bunch, not sure what to make of Nutsy seems to be a bit of a bottler.

Kdjac doesnt hate Bohs hes just a WUM, great timing for the KRAM thread on foot btw.

Dolan, Nutsy (don't think I could put up with his whinging), Kerr (said to despise Bohs), Aldridge. Seems to be wide open just now.
    Apparently, Farrelly was sacked because he needed to be, to let him transfer to Engerland.
    Fairest and best write-up is in the Indo, by Daniel McDonnell, though the headline is tosh, as evidenced by this :D

It wont be Kerr ;)

Hes ehhh busy atm.

kdjac

Fenlon being tempted with loadsa money, it sez in the Herald

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

johnos wrote:
    Fenlon being tempted with loadsa money, it sez in the Herald
    :( I don't think we could afford to lose him, can't think of another manager (barring Kenny - who lets face it, woudln't go near us) who could step in and keep us where we are.

Hands off! :mad:

Advertisement