Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VB6 and SourceSafe

Options
  • 30-08-2006 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi,

I've just got a new laptop, the exact same model exact same spec as the last one(was robbed) and have encountered a brand new problem when installing all my stuff.

The Source Control Menu item is gone from the VB6 Tools menu...

SourceSafe, SourceOffSite are both installed and working fine. They work with VS 2003, 2005 as well as Visual C++, basically everything except VB6.

I have done nothing different installing the software to when Ive installed it before. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Working from memory here, it was dependant on which order you installed SourceSafe and VB6.

I *think* if you installed SS first, you got what you're describing. If you installed it second, then it recognised that VB6 was installed and asked you if you wanted it to be configured.

I also seem to remember that under Tools/Options you could manually select/configure which source-code-versioning system you wanted to use on one of the tabs, and this then enabled all the bits you need.

All of the above is from well-old memory, though, so I wouldn't trust me too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭JuncoPartner

I reckon you are right about the orderring. I looked (briefly) in the options and couldnt find anything.

I uninstalled them both and reinstalled and its all working fine now! Thanks

Advertisement