Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Language Assistance

Options
  • 30-08-2006 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I've just been diagnosed as a coeliac, so I need to get moving on my diet andh that.

I'm going travelling around Eastern Europe, and while I know it's unlikely that anyone here speaks all the languages I need to get information in, they might know someone who knows one or all :)

I'm travelling to Poland, Czech Rep, Hungary, Croatia and somewhere else....slovakia possibly. The first four are the main ones.

Basically I want to write out in the relevant language a little thing that says

I suffer from a severe allergy to eggs, and to gluten, which is found in wheat, barley and oats. Could your chef reccommend any food which I may eat?

or something along those lines. Even if I could get one in Russian there's bound to be someone who can understand that a bit. I'm just really worrying about it. So if anyone has any friends who could help me out could you post or pm the translation to me?

That would be such a huge help.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

I saw on some vegetarian websites that they had translations for different countries. Maybe a coeliac socety would have this kind of information as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Smurphette

i've found a few, i'm just trying to figure out how to add that i'm allergic to eggs on to them.

I get very very ill from eggs.
    but thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 _Apple_

Smurphette wrote:
    Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Basically I want to write out in the relevant language a little thing that says

I suffer from a severe allergy to eggs, and to gluten, which is found in wheat, barley and oats. Could your chef reccommend any food which I may eat?

thanks

So, you need translation in Croatian, right? I can help you ;)

Advertisement