Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snakes on a Plane, Rats in a Cinema!

• 30-08-2006 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

So whats the story with this? Can anyone confirm their was rats in there?

On another note saw Wind that Shakes Bob Marley down in the Dungarvan Cinema , lovely cinema nice and clean and v comfy seats!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

magick wrote:
    So whats the story with this? Can anyone confirm their was rats in there?

On another note saw Wind that Shakes Bob Marley down in the Dungarvan Cinema , lovely cinema nice and clean and v comfy seats!

Ah sure Dungarvan would be a big place, everything is more fancy down there. We're lucky to have a cinema in Waterford at all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

magick wrote:
    v comfy seats!

this is true

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Waterford cinema is some joke :(
    the seats suck...dungarvan is the way to go seat wise & tiering wise in fairness.

Cabaal wrote:
    Waterford cinema is some joke :(
    the seats suck...dungarvan is the way to go seat wise & tiering wise in fairness.

Might be time to cut our losses with the city and head to Dungarvan..!

At the very least, it's a shame the cinema on Patrick's st. never got the Fat Sams treatment. Then maybe someone would have built a better one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

merlante wrote:
    Might be time to cut our losses with the city and head to Dungarvan..!

Have been doing this since the Dungarvan one opened, lovely cinema, comfy seats, never exactly crowded though, at least not to any showing i've been too. It's a little pricy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

ah yes, the auld Fat Sams treatment...what a phrase! been a while since I heard that one.

ah yes, the auld Fat Sams treatment...what a phrase! been a while since I heard that one.

heh. :) Well with everyone flocking to Dungarvan, it could get the full Fat Sams treatment yet. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭meldrew

I think that story about rats in the cinema is an urban legend although the place is a dump , the whole city had that story yet it always happened to " a friend of a friend " like the story of the kid who brought back the penguin from the zoo and was giving it a bath when his mother found him !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Maharet

Yeah by all accounts Dungarvan is a good cinema. I was thinking about doing that, tis not that far a drive and they really never have anything decent on in Waterford, or if they do it's only there for a week. :rolleyes:

meldrew wrote:
    I think that story about rats in the cinema is an urban legend although the place is a dump , the whole city had that story yet it always happened to " a friend of a friend " like the story of the kid who brought back the penguin from the zoo and was giving it a bath when his mother found him !

I thought there was actually a news story on the papers or WLR?

Obviously, whenever a cinema becomes a kip the old rat stories are dragged up though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

merlante wrote:
    Obviously, whenever a cinema becomes a kip the old rat stories are dragged up though.

True, they said that about the old dungarvan cinema as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hav'nt been to the flicks in er many years, I remember when there were 3 cinemas in town.

Mike.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote:
    Hav'nt been to the flicks in er many years, I remember when there were 3 cinemas in town.

Mike.

I guess your not showing your age at al...although there's still two left

Two? The ones I recall are Partrick Street Regina, The one where the Book Centre now is and another one I never actually went to. Plus Tramores Roxy of course! A quad poster for The Fuzz was on display above the entrance for about 5 years!

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Two?

Yep!
    Cineplex and Garter Lane...doesn't always show films but its still a cinema :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

The cinema in Garter Lane closed about a year ago and the Film Club moved to the auditorium in the WIT. They will be moving back as soon as it re-opens though.
    There used to be a cinema on the site of the Forum and also one behind the Tower hotel, or actually where the Tower hotel is now, I'm not sure.

Ah the Forum, thats one I could'nt recall.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Does anyone know if the cinema that's being built on Railway Sq actually has an owner yet? Or will it just be another vacant complex?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The same shower that own the rat hole own it. :(

Bond-007 wrote:
    The same shower that own the rat hole own it. :(

Are you 100% sure about that?

• Advertisement

yes

Bond-007 wrote:
    yes

Bollox. And will they close down the Patrick St. cinema when the new one opens, given that they are obviously such a pessimistic and cynical outfit!

It was in a thread on this very board which stated that: click here
    The Ward Anderson group. They own most of the screens in Ireland, about 75%, and about 50% of the actual cinemas.

Bond-007 wrote:
    It was in a thread on this very board which stated that: click here

Okay, fair enough, but will they sell/close the one on Patrick St.? I don't remember anyone saying whether they would or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I may have been incorrect in my posting that new new cinema would be owned by the same crowd that own the existing one. Ward Anderson do own the existing one and I was told by a lad that worked there that they also were building the new one. But.....
    The Storm group has expanded significantly over the past two years and will open two more sites in the Republic in November.

A new cinema planned for Waterford will have eight screens, while its planned site in Naas, Co Kildare, will have five.

From this article here.

Apologies for making a boo boo as it looks like I most certainly have.

Yaaaaaayyyyy!!! A different crowd! :D

Storm run the cinema in Portlaoise and they do a good job, no sightings of any rodents of any kind so far. :)

Advertisement