Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port forwarding

• 30-08-2006 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

We recently had Broadband with Smart Telecom installed at home. I have it set up now with a wireless Netgear router. The router firewall seems to be configured by default to allow all connections in and out. I don't have much experience with port forwarding and am just looking for some advice on whether there is anything I should be explicitly blocking? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Basically, block everything you are not using
    Unless you have something besides the box that ST gave you, It's just a NAT device. You should be fine.It will allow all connections out and none in to your network. Exceptions to this are if you explicitly setup port forwarding of certain ports to devices on your network.

Advertisement