Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia n80

• 30-08-2006 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭

was just reading, and this phone doesnt support the A2DP profile

does anyone know if you can put this onto it, i really wanted to be able to use a stereo bluetooth headphones with the phone

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭event

anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

It would be firmware dependent, Nokia or the Network Operators would have to provide the necessary support in the firmware they supply. Network operators get a copy of the phones source code and modify it as they see fit. If Nokia didnt include support for that profile, the network operator may include it. When I made calls with the generic firmware on my 6680, all it would say on the screen is "Call <number>" but 3 added underneath this, a running timer showing the call duration, so you can see how long you are on the phone for without having to hang up or go looking in the call logs. Handy feature, but not present in the standard nokia software.

Oh, to whom it interests, Vodafone are not selling the N80, so you can only get it on 3 or SIM Free (according to the rep in the Waterford store anyway).

He told me it was because the phone was not compatible with the Vodafone software or the network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

Oh, to whom it interests, Vodafone are not selling the N80, so you can only get it on 3 or SIM Free (according to the rep in the Waterford store anyway).

He told me it was because the phone was not compatible with the Vodafone software or the network.

So how do Vodafone UK manage to sell it then I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭yrrag1974

The N80 is available in Carphone Warehouse in Grafton St!

• Advertisement

skearon wrote:
    So how do Vodafone UK manage to sell it then I wonder?
    a) The guy misheard me and thought I was asking about a different model.
    or
    b.) The guy has his facts wrong.

I was deciding between an N80 and an N73. I was looking for a demo model or a dummy model at the least so I could see the phone for myself and get a feel for it. Carphone Warehouse's helpful reps told me they dont sell either of them yet, so no dummy and no demo models. The 3G store had a dummy of the N80 but with a large plastic piece stuck at the back to secure it to the display. I looked in the O2 shop but they dont have them (not surprisingly) and then I went to the Vodafone store in City Sq and one of the guys (not the regular) told me after I asked that they (vodafone) are not selling the N80 because it is not compatable with Vodafone software or something, he also told me his mate had one and it was rubbish.

Advertisement