Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Problem

Options
  • 30-08-2006 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey Has anybody in the Fairways had a problem with their shower door? Last night out shower door broke in bits. Got cut badly and the place got distroyed in glass n blood. Just want to know if this has happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MacLaLa

Sand123 wrote:
    Hey Has anybody in the Fairways had a problem with their shower door? Last night out shower door broke in bits. Got cut badly and the place got distroyed in glass n blood. Just want to know if this has happened to anyone else?

yeah when i moved in , i opened the door and the entire door shattered into millions of pieces and i cut my hand, still have the scar. I got onto the builders, they were still around at the time and they replaced the shower door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

MacLaLa wrote:
    yeah when i moved in , i opened the door and the entire door shattered into millions of pieces and i cut my hand, still have the scar. I got onto the builders, they were still around at the time and they replaced the shower door.

:eek: You guys need to be calling Lawyers Direct or someone...that is serious sh!t....if this happened in the US, you'd never have to work again. Sounds like sub-grade glass in what's supposed to be triple toughened glass or the likes?...unbelievable, especially that it happened twice...at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sand123

Hey
    Did you go to a solicitor or anything about it? Im thinking of going to one,

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sand123 wrote:
    Hey
    Did you go to a solicitor or anything about it? Im thinking of going to one,

If you are thinking about pursuing legal action, then it's probably best not to discuss the details on a publicly accessible forum. The folks in the legal discussion forum would be able to advise you one way or the other on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

Sand123 wrote:

You were supposed to have received a letter from WYSE about the risk of this, a chap called Johnny was calling around and he was in charge of fixing them, apparently he had awful difficulty getting people to be in at the announced time, so he made a second call out. Nice chap fairly, adjusted my shower in no time, but he said that the glass was frosted safety glass, shouldn't cut ya. The problem is/was that the shower is steel and the rubber seal, when it dries, sets like flint. You pull the door, the door flexes and snaps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

MacLaLa wrote:

Its supposed to shatter. How did you cut your hand on frosted glass.? I'd contact a SOLR. ASAP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dutchy78

The Bath rooms are a modular insert and were not designed for this type of shower door. As the designer/Architect overlooked the need for a showerdoor . this were retro-fitted from a different supplier than the manufacturer of the bath room modules.
    A simple change of the seal to a flexible rubbertype as aproved for wet rooms will fix the problem cheap enough

Advertisement