Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wirelass in Clane

• 30-08-2006 12:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know of a good broadband wireless package that is available in Clane, Co. Kildare??

Can't seem to find any available and I don't want a landline in the house as both mine and partners mobiles are paid for so doesn't make sense to pay landline.

Is there any way you can just get DSL without a phone service??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Blackgrape

Hey ther Ballyman, just got a phonecall today form Ice Broadband telling me they now had wireless in the area. Installation was free and then 37.99 per month. Download speed of 2M . A wireless modem is 120E. Ring Andy on 018800800 and tell him Ed Burke reccommended them ( he told me I would get a month free for each person I reccommended!!!) I have no idea how good they are yet but have sombody coming to do a site survey next week.

If that does not suit ifatelecom also is starting to provide a service. You have to buy the equipment off them. I think its about 300E. No idea how much it is a month. they can be reached on 1890924851.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

ice pretty good, reliable, tech support good but seems to be only office hours...think its 59 for the 2m and 39 for the 1m i.e. expensive...very fast, effecient and tidy installation...have been previous posts

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

Yea, saw them. They are the reason I asked though. 38 bills a month is very expensive compared to other providers in other areas so I'll do without it until somone else comes into the area.

There is no reason why it's not 20 a month like in other places so I'll wait. Was hoping there were others in the area but not to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

Ballyman wrote:
    There is no reason why it's not 20 a month like in other places so I'll wait. Was hoping there were others in the area but not to be.
    20 a month?
    Are you allright?

ICE are a wireless provider. They are very very different to the other ISPs on 20 a month.
    I could list you 100s of reasons why they are more expensive.
    If I was bothered.
    Start with them having to set up base stations (antennae etc) and work from there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    20 a month?
    Are you allright?
    Perfectly :)

Irish Broadband were €49.99 for Ripwave when they had no competition in the Dublin area a few years back. They are now €19.95!

As I said. I'll wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Ballyman wrote:
    Irish Broadband were €49.99 for Ripwave when they had no competition in the Dublin area a few years back. They are now €19.95!
    I'm pretty sure that Ripwave started at €30. (It was €30 in November 2003). DSL has come down a lot further in price and gone up a lot more in performance that most wireless providers.

That's largely because the DSL infrastructure cost a lot less to put in place than wireless infrastructure, and eircom are still milking us, and they're still making far greater profits, even on "resold" users, than any wireless provider.

Advertisement