Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAT Problem With Azureus..eircom 2mb

Options
  • 30-08-2006 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hello

just came across this place today,after my nightmare year with Ib and as i can see lots of people are having trouble with them,I have got eircom 2mb which has been going great so far.

But i having trouble wit azureus with NAT,my download speeds have come to crawl

would be greatfull of any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You will need to open a port in your router for it. Take a note of the port in Azureus and open it in your router. If you have a netopia with all the defaults on it then open a browser to http://192.168.1.254 go to expert mode and you will find it in there.
    If your not useing the default settings or not a netopia... go start - run type cmd and enter
    at the prompt type ipconfig and press enter
    the default gateway is the address of your router.

Oh and http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm has a guide for most routers if you cant figure it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭shamcfc

ok cool open up that page you said but did not really knew how to open the port

But saw the firewall option so turned that off and my speeds went from 15kbps to 80kbps

is it just crazy to turn off that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

where was the firewall option as i have the same problem and whatever port i opened i still got a NAT error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Edit: sorry wrong thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Go to the UPNP section in your router config page. Or infact it might not have its own page. Either way, UPNP is there somewhere. Turn it on and all is well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement