Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrific killing of a beautiful creature

Options
  • 30-08-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Right. I had to post something up here about this as I was so incredibly appaled and upset after haivng read about this this morning.... Did anyone else read that piece in the Metro paper today about how a dog (collie, one of the most intelligent and affectionate of breeds) was brutally killed in some kind of ritulaistic way in a wood near Enniskerry??? I will not go into detail as its too upsetting and am not sure what posting here could do other than get it off my chest... perhaps if people from the area who might use boards hear about this they can keep an eye out for suspicious lunatics and have them reported... 'lunatic' being far too polite a term to use in relation to whatever variety of scum of the earth carried this out... :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

Cases like this make me hope and pray that Karma is a real thing, and that the people who carry out this type of behaviour will pay the price, one way or another.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

I couldn't agree more, and in reality its our only hope as I don't hold out much hope in anyone being caught never mind prosecuted for this... BTW I got banned from the other forum! :o I shant be posting there again at any rate, esp having read the rest of that thread :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It made me think what kind of [edit] did this. They must be real [edit].
    They even brought cement into the forest with them to make the alter. They are probably regulars in Fibber Magees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Chuchu wrote:
    I couldn't agree more, and in reality its our only hope as I don't hold out much hope in anyone being caught never mind prosecuted for this... BTW I got banned from the other forum! :o I shant be posting there again at any rate, esp having read the rest of that thread :confused:

Just to clarify as I already have, I had no problem with your post at all, the fact that you insulted the original poster was why you were banned. Its as simple as that and as I pointed out before you are more than welcome to post again when your ban is up. Why you are bring it up here, I do not know.

I am in agreement with you that these people should be punished but most of the time get away with it as theres no one there to enforce animal cruelty. Karma ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

FX Meister.
    Tone down the language.
    Next time will result in a ban.
    No more warnings will be given, to anyone regarding language like that.
    I know its a highly emotive thread (which is the only reason your not banned now) but there is no need for it.
    And Nuttzy, I have no tolerance for racist quips such as you made also (now deleted), even if it was in jest.
    Nuttzy banned for one week. PM me to remind me to lift it.

B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Those kind of things are a disgrace. As said, they deserve a bit of bad Karma after doing something like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DrussTheLegend

unfortunately i dont think the whole karma thing will effect these people in this life ...so someone needs to find out where and who these sicko's are and enforce some retribution

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

unfortunately i dont think the whole karma thing will effect these people in this life ...so someone needs to find out where and who these sicko's are and enforce some retribution

Thats for sure, no doubt someone knows who they are.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Ronan H

What concerns me is that this is the type of behaviour that is known to be quite prevalent in people who end up being serial killers... :(

Sad Head

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

think the law should pay a fair bit of attention to it, as any person who could do
    that to a terrified, screaming dog is certainly a short step to depravity involving
    humans whether it surfaces or not.
    Hope someone who knows the vermin passes on the info to the law

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

To put this in perspective:

1) Anyone killing a dog, as part of a (magic) ritual is likely to be their own undoing sooner or later

2) The ritualistic killing of Jesus sparked a whole religion

3) It's really sad when animals are abused unneccessarily; yet this single event is nothing compared to the suffering and general disharmony of a factory farm wherein thousands of animals are treated badly by design

Thus, if purchase non-organic, non-free range meat, keep in mind what you are paying for!

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Chuchu

Thanks turbot, as a vegetarian for more than 18 years now I'm well aware of your point no.3. However, point 2 is lost a bit on me... is it meant to be a positive reflection? The first thing that comes to my mind is the unnecessary killing of millions of people in the name of that religion (and any other organisied religion for that matter) since its foundation.
    I just feel as a devoted pet owner and animal lover that it was a particularily callous way for such a loving creature to have been killed, the poor thing was probably thinking it was being brought on a nice long walk in the woods, wagging its tail and looking to be petted. These creatures love unconditionally, unlike a lot of people! Its just so sad that anyone would take advantage of that and in such an evil and horrific fashion, and to what end I ask? Who fe*king well knows. Here's to hoping it was a once off. :(

Advertisement