Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling a rig soon... but what to keep?????

• 30-08-2006 1:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

looking to sell my main rig, but i was wondering, which would be best to keep an fx-60 aircooled rig or a pentium D 805 aircooled rig. Mainly for media + games, i will be keeping the 7900gts and xfi soundcard and selling the rest

so oc'd FX-60 VS oc'd Pentium D 805 ???

also if interested in a kickass rig let me know, will have a 6600gt + audigy 2zs in it and 200gig sata drive and kickass watercooling system.

its upgrade time :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭sarahn11

im still interested in it.....wont need a gfx card tho...

lets talk prices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

sarahn11 wrote:
    im still interested in it.....wont need a gfx card tho...

lets talk prices!

pm me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I presume its a conroe rig you'll be buildin next, therefore i'd keep the Fx 60. Then you'd have a kick-ass rig in Intel and the same in Amd. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,739 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Guys,
    I dont think you are supposed to be "dealing" in this forum.
    Kippy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭savemejebus

if you end up splitting i'd take the ram for what you paid for it

• Advertisement

PogMoThoin wrote:
    I presume its a conroe rig you'll be buildin next, therefore i'd keep the Fx 60. Then you'd have a kick-ass rig in Intel and the same in Amd. :)

yeh i was thinking that

it will be conroe x6800 to be precise (coming in 2 weeks)

also i am not dealing, i am looking on opinions on what i should keep, either fx60 or pentium d 805

Keep the fx60 - glad to see you got it working btw

Keep the fx60 - glad to see you got it working btw

i didnt, but thats another story ;)

oh noes....still the x6800 should provide minor compensation :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Why the E6800. Personally i'd get the E6700. Read somewhere that new bios for asus mobo has the ability to unlock the multiplier. Worth lookin in2. I'm sure Intel will have a 3.2ghz extreme in the future. They're surely keeping something up their sleeve.

• Advertisement

i think gline got a sweet deal on a 6800 a few weeks ago on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

people have learned from the wise ways of wizZard, build the hype here first then post a date and time when its going to be sold in the ads section.

Plus pog I think he already has the x6800, i'm guessing you're hoping to be one of the lucky few and get it over 5ghz.

I'd say keep the FX60, although you'd get more money for that rig if you sold it which would help out on getting better gear for the conroe. What will you be using your second rig for anyway? Just storage and lan gaming? I'm guessing the majority of your time will be spent on the conroe right? Is there a reason why you'd need a powerful second machine, other than getting a better folding score ;)

i think gline got a sweet deal on a 6800 a few weeks ago on adverts

this is true, and i aint gonna back out of buying it now ;)

L31mr0d wrote:
    people have learned from the wise ways of wizZard, build the hype here first then post a date and time when its going to be sold in the ads section.

Plus pog I think he already has the x6800, i'm guessing you're hoping to be one of the lucky few and get it over 5ghz.

I'd say keep the FX60, although you'd get more money for that rig if you sold it which would help out on getting better gear for the conroe. What will you be using your second rig for anyway? Just storage and lan gaming? I'm guessing the majority of your time will be spent on the conroe right? Is there a reason why you'd need a powerful second machine, other than getting a better folding score ;)
    1: this isnt to build up hype, i am not posting up any date or prices, just getting advice on best chip to keep etc
    2: i use the 2nd rig as a media center with some games and will prob use for video editing and photgraphy, i have a 1.6tb fileserver (thats the dual xeon one)
    3: i only will use conroe machine for gaming, maybe 1 hour a day or less and weekends
    4: i dont use my home machines for folding

Advertisement