Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sky in another room (without sky box)

• 30-08-2006 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi,

We have sky digital in the living room and sky in the bedroom (multiroom). We have a games room upstairs and are currently decorating it. We want to put sky in this room also. I know that you can get a mouse thingy for the remote but that means you cannot switch channels upstairs you have to watch the same thing on both t.v.'s. I saw a Jwin set that was wireless and it said you can switch channels without affecting other t.v. Does anyone know anything about this. It would need to be wireless as I don't want to go drilling holes for cables etc.

Thanks in advance.

x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

A single sky box can only output one TV channel at a time. No amount of additional technology can let you watch 2 different channels on 2 different TVs at the same time.

If you want to watch 2 different channels, then consider multiroom from Sky, or just getting a FTV/FTA box (BBC/ITV/C4) for the other room. Both these options will require upgrading the LNB and running a new cable from the dish to the 2nd TV.

If you are happy with the same channel being watched on both boxes, then there are devices which will transport the video/sound to a 2nd location and also allow you change stations using a remote from that location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Another option is to put an arial on the roof aswell that way the Irish channels can be watched and changed seperatly from the Sky channels. Its a cheap option and works well in a house like mine where my parents mainly watch RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭xmaslove

Thanks for the replies, I am going to run the FTV box from the sky box in the bedroom to upstairs. Is it possible to run a dvd player also to upstairs from the bedroom. Am I right in saying that whatever is showing on bedroom t.v. will show on t.v. upstairs? I will need to get one of those one for all remotes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

xma,

i have looked into this so i can share with you what i have found.

you need somethign like this

FERGUSON-AV-3030-AUDIO-VIDEO-SENDER

this is an audio video sender. so you attach that to yout sky box and dvd etc. it sends from the sender basestation setup beside your dvd/sky box to the receiver set up in your bedroom tv.

now as ph said...sky is single reception. you cannot watch other different channels at the sky box and upstairs at the same time. now u could watch a dvd using this while someone else watches sky.

you may also need something called magie eye which will let you remotely change the channle of the sky box while in the bedroom.

some caveats PLEASE READ

1. i am not recommending this ferguson
    2. the wireless one can cause mayhem with your wireless network and wireless phones
    3. u may need to check a few of these options..the words in google are 'audio video sender'
    4. doesnt work with HD signals, or at least not well...as in doesnt send HD quality signals
    5. this is searched info and could be incorrect...
    6. if u want to chage your dvd you have to plod downstairs...

the reason i have not bought one is i want sky HD and i have a wireless lan and phone...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

buy secondhand skybox, then you can get fta channels true movies,film4 etc upstairs ,ask sky for fta card to get rte1,2, tv3.You need card to get irish fta chanells,rte,tv3, tg4.You can tune in itv1,3,4, bbc 2,3,4 on the services, other channels menu ,they are free to air.

• Advertisement
Advertisement