Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Charlesland Park

Options
  • 30-08-2006 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am moving into charesLand Park on friday I hope; I rent a 2bed apartment there; this my first time in Ireland; I am here for working ....

I need to buy some stuff like TV; is there any Electronics shop in Chareland/Grestones??

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

mmalaka wrote:
    Hi

I moving into charesLand Park on friday I hope; I rent a 2bed apartment there; this my first time in Ireland; I am here for working ....

I need to buy some stuff like TV; is there any Electronic shop in Chareland/Grestones??

Thanks

Hi mmalaka, you're probably better off going in to Dublin for a TV, though it depends on what type you want. If you are looking for a high end LCD then you can get good deals on www.komplett.ie, but you have to know what you are looking for, as it's an online computer store that also sells TVs. Powercity are quite good for prices; they are on the Southside of Dublin (Sallynoggin). A pain to get to without a car though. They pretty much do all the household electrical stuff you will need.

www.didstore.com are also on the southside of Dublin, and can be reasonably priced.

If you don't mind going 2nd hand, there is a dedicated for sale section here; go to www.adverts.ie. You may find a bargain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

DID and Power City in Bray are the nearest proper electrical stores.
    Tesco might sell portable TVs.

loyatemu wrote:
    DID and Power City in Bray are the nearest proper electrical stores.
    Tesco might sell portable TVs.

I'm not with it at all today, totally forgot those stores were in Bray as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Hi Friends

I am in Charlesland now; and I got the TV also; I wanted to get a satillite Dish to c the Free to Air Channels but it seems it is not allowed to have it here!!!!

I wanted it to get the Arabic Channels coz I am from Jordan is there any cable TV that got Arabic channels??

Thanks

half the houses in Charlesland have satellite dishes on them - the rule is not well enforced by the management company.

the only cable company in Charlesland is NTL and they have no arabic channels.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

I shouldn't have thought that breaking the rules against Satellites would be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

mmalaka, PM me if you're still looking for household devices, I may have a spare DVD player and TV and stuff like that in the attic!

today the house rent agent inform me that the house owner did not approve to have a Dish sattellites!!!!

Is ther any other options ???

Try the cable / satellite TV forum, the people there may have some ideas.

If you can get Broadband, then there may be some options to watch Arabic TV online. Not perfect, but could be a start.

Friends;

does any one know the time table of the shuttle bus between Charelsand and the DART

Thanks

• Advertisement

It's posted up on the bus itself

in the morning there are buses at 0715, 0730, 0750, 0805 (there are a couple earlier than this as well, not sure of the exact times).

in the evening the bus meets each incoming DART between 1645 and (i think) 1920.

Friends;

Does any one know the phone of the Managment company of CharlesLand Park??

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Tanith

Hi Mmalaka,

I have CBG for management company (01) 280 1282

hope this is right!

Friends;

What is best option to get a phone and a broadband in CharlesLand Park??

every time I c an interesting offer i found that this company is not avaliabe in the area!!!

Should I go to eircom? It seems it expensive!!

Thanks

mmalaka wrote:
    Friends;

What is best option to get a phone and a broadband in CharlesLand Park??

every time I c an interesting offer i found that this company is not avaliabe in the area!!!

Should I go to eircom? It seems it expensive!!

Thanks

Unless you can get a wireless solution in your place, then broadband via a phone line is probably your best (only?) option. Although the line will be with eircom, you can get a contract through another phone company which will probably be cheaper..

Check out http://www.esatbt.ie/echannel/BT.portal for a start. You'll be able to get line rental and broadband for around €35 per month.

I would avoid Smart Telecom, as they are not looking like a good long term bet at the moment.

If you are renting, then I would contact your landlord and see if s/he will pay for the installation; I would consider it a utility that should be in place at their cost.

Eoin

Friends;

What choices do I have to get bins?? Which is the best/cheaper one??

I am new on this recycle issue; Do I have to do this??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

You do not need to recycle but it will save you a lot of money. Basically you clean out plastic bottles and put them and your cardboard (cereal boxes ect.) and all other recyclables into your green bin and everything else into your regular bin. As you get charged on how often you put your regular bin out and not charged for your recycling bin you are better off using the recycling facility.
    Eurowaste is imo the best because of their regular recycling collection. They collect it every second week but Greenstar only collect it once a month.
    Not sure who is cheaper though.

Friends;

It seems not all the people on CharlesLand using the bins; is this mean that they do not pay for the trash???

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Not everyone puts their bin out every week. For example we usually put the rubbish bin out maybe twice a month and the recycling bin goes out for every collection.

Advertisement