Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Help Needed - Glazing

Options
  • 30-08-2006 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Can any one local in Dublin help this chap out ;

FranknFurter: (19-08-2006)

Ideas for next step.........

Came home today to find a whopping big hole in bedroom window!!
    I had only been out about 2 hours.
    There were about 12 of the local scumbags lurking nearby, aged 12-16, pointing and laughing.
    Called the police of course, 45 mins later they arrived. (in fairness they were nice guys, despite the whole time thing).
    They of course can do nothing apparently, no one saw or heard.

The entire neighbourhood knows I use an electric wheelchair and no matter what hope an able-bodied person has of boarding up a window I have none. (Had to call on a relation for help).

If I had my way I'd track the bas'tard down and gut him like a fish.
    This was a full-on rock to the window thing, couldnt have been an accident, would have had to be standing a few feet away for this kind of force. They didnt even bother trying to get in, just smashed for ****s'n'giggles apparently.

Anyone any ideas about how I can stop this from happening again without making a new apartment look like a friggin prison?? (and on a very very limited budget).

FranknFurter: (today 11.49)

I CANNOT bloody believe this!!!

This morning, Im sitting here at my computer, not having slept yet,....
    ANOTHER ****ing huge rock lands through the window!!

Yet another day of waiting in for a phantom glazier to appear, and yet another conversation with some guarda who cannot do a thing "unless you see them or catch them at it"..........yeah, like a fella in a huge electric wheelchair mobile only by pushing a freakin joystick, is suddenly going to leap up out of his chair, run through the house, out the door and scale a 7 foot wall!

And yep, council, local TD's etc etc are aware of all this, its like trying to explain molecular science to an chimp though trying to explain it to the majority of the council. Bunch of feckin badly programmed robots!

*sigh*

no, not *sigh*...........feckin AARGH!!!

Pocari:

Surprised no local posters are offering to go round and patch up, I would if I was in Dublin, sorry to hear your plight there Frank.

I'll post on DIY/Gardening forum and see if roofer pete or his mates are willing to help.

Advertisement