Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting rid of smell of smoke??

Options
  • 30-08-2006 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all, my parents have just moved house and unfortunately the previous owner of their new place was a smoker. The place is extremely clean etc. but there's no getting rid of the smokey smell.

Has anyone any experience/ tips/ tricks etc. in this area? Any advice much appreciated, cheers, Les

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

Any carpets or curtains left get rid of them....Maybe a lick of paint here and there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,271 ✭✭✭Archeron

There were 4 smokers in my house (me included) and we have all given up. Now the house stinks, but it seems to be fading slowly with the use of really strong incense being burned around the house, and those time release air fresheners. They cost a lot, but they seem to last ages.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You can get active-carbon air filters which will remove odours from the air quite successfully. As for fabrics- there are a number of powders and sprays (Neutradol comes to mind) which are successful to a certain extent (though in a lot of cases success is a measure of masking one odour with another one).

Shops such as "The Headshot" in the Templebar sell very good air purification kits that might be of interest.

Advertisement