Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus lights problem

• 30-08-2006 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Replaced a dipped beam headlight on Ford Focus (02) and notice that alignment is poor (beam pointing too high).

Need to get it looked at in garage but can anyone advice how to adjust the light in the meantime?

I know how to do the old style adjustment by shining lights at wall, marking and reversing back etc, but with Ford Focus cant figure out what to adjust to bring beam down.

Can anyone advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭ORVEE

Before you do anything, make sure the bulb is fitted properly.Just in case!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I did exactly the same thing in my old Focus. What you've done is you've not reassembled the back of the headlight unit correctly, so the mechanism which lowers/raises the dip of the lights (via the little wheel on the dash) is not attached to the lamp properly. So its pointing upwards all the time.
    You need to open up the back of the headlamp again and reassemble... pain in ass of a job, you need double jointed fingers, especially on the passenger side where the battery is in the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

sounds like the bulb is in wrong?

Advertisement